sharetrader
Page 262 of 1435 FirstFirst ... 1622122522582592602612622632642652662723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 14343
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Will be an offense when the law is changed this month - set in motion earlier this year.
    Select committee asked to speed things up before this attack.

--------

Going on holiday to Samoa is different from going to Syria to fight with ISIS.
    There was a lot of debate at the time over this sort of thing and this view was part of the debate.
    Personally, I think they should have let him go then not let him back if he wasn't killed over there.

----------

He said he had no evidence - other than what the mother said.
    You may want a kneejerk reation to this but be careful what you ask for.
    He said he had no evidence - other than what the mother said.

So go and check if what she has said has any validity, rather than repeatedly state that it is what he did on-line that is what brought him to police attention.
    It's just answering a valid question by talking about something completely different.
    For example, someone could be radicalised by associates who then refer him to on-line sources of 'information' where he can futher 'educate' himself.
    But of course for political reasons are verboten to say / think that there may be other with similar views who associated with him.
    But it's not 'kneejerk' if the terrorists own mother is the one who made these claims!!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Once again this Government just lies to us and make it up on the go. Has anyone actually asked why this idiot even had a "refugee" status while the rest of his family seems to be living a normal life in Sri Lanka. Or are we not allowed to ask such questions ? By all accounts it appears his family expected something like this to happen and so did our authorities.

You ignore the fact that the Judge that dealt with his case was so concerned that he sent his judgement to the AG and Solicitor General to make them aware of his concerns and the urgency required.
    I agree the system is broke and the independent review is what I will take note of.Blaming Govt is dumb you're just using this tragedy to drive some sort of agenda ,prob against our leader,I suggest you wean yourself off some social media sites.

Guru

Once again this Government just lies to us and make it up on the go. Has anyone actually asked why this idiot even had a "refugee" status while the rest of his family seems to be living a normal life in Sri Lanka. Or are we not allowed to ask such questions ? By all accounts it appears his family expected something like this to happen and so did our authorities.

You ignore the fact that the Judge that dealt with his case was so concerned that he sent his judgement to the AG and Solicitor General to make them aware of his concerns and the urgency required.
    I think it was asked.
    Immigration didn't want to give it to him but the appeal board (wrong name but what they do) gave it to him.
    This was under Key and National.
    He got refugee state well prior to what his mother alledges (in how he was radicalised).

The current law change has come as a direct result of not being able to charge him for intent.
    You seem to be ignoring the timeline.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I agree the system is broke and the independent review is what I will take note of.Blaming Govt is dumb you're just using this tragedy to drive some sort of agenda ,prob against our leader,I suggest you wean yourself off some social media sites.
    Not surprised to see such rubbish from you. One can not help but wonder whether you're a paid Labour stooge ? In one of your recent posts you said NZ has had the best response to COVID. Obviously that is just your view. My view is the opposite and I think we have badly managed the COVID response this year and we seem to have no idea how to deal with it other than continuously locking down the country. Contrary to what is being banged on about by the PM, much of the western world is far ahead of us and getting much closer to living the new normal. Just look at Europe with 70% of it's population vaccinated, Norway, Denmark, Sweden & Iceland all opening up and getting rid of most restrictions. WHat do we do ? One case and we shut down the whole country.
    Last edited by iceman; 06-09-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    So go and check if what she has said has any validity, rather than repeatedly state that it is what he did on-line that is what brought him to police attention.
    It's just answering a valid question by talking about something completely different.
    For example, someone could be radicalised by associates who then refer him to on-line sources of 'information' where he can futher 'educate' himself.
    But of course for political reasons are verboten to say / think that there may be other with similar views who associated with him.
    But it's not 'kneejerk' if the terrorists own mother is the one who made these claims!!
    How he was radicalised, I expect, will be probed if it hasn't already by the police.
    I wouldn't expect Robinson to be doing that himself.
    If there are others with similar views to him I suspect they would already be being watched.
    Because you don't hear anything about ongoing police investigations and surveillance doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Making a law change without due consideration is kneejerk.
    The Immigration Act needs to be looked at - they couldn't lock him up while he was appealing his loss of status.
    Of course, that could affect a lot of people if the change isn't careful.

Guru

One case and we **** down the whole country.
    But we didn't have just one case - are you blind?
    Look at how this is playing out so far between NSW and here.
    They 'only' had 3 deaths yesterday and consider that a good day.

Not surprised to see such rubbish from you. One can not help but wonder whether you're a paid Labour stooge ? In one of your recent posts you said NZ has had the best response to COVID. Obviously that is just your view. My view is the opposite and I think we have badly managed the COVID response this year and we seem to have no idea how to deal with it other than continuously locking down the country. Contrary to what is being banged on about the PM, much of the western world is far ahead of us and getting much closer to living the new normal. Just look at Europe with 70% of it's population vaccinated, Norway, Denmark, Sweden & Iceland all opening up and getting rid of most restrictions. WHat do we do ? One case and we **** down the whole country.
    Waste of energy engaging with the woke brigade. If some of the lefty's here are not residing on the 9th floor they should be.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    But we didn't have just one case - are you blind?
    Look at how this is playing out so far between NSW and here.
    They 'only' had 3 deaths yesterday and consider that a good day.
    You're right. We haven't even had one case in the SI, yet have been shut down for 3 weeks. Are you blind ? I agreed with the original shutdown while figuring out what was going on and trying to reduce the spread, but to continue it for 3 weeks AND slowing down vaccinations, is ridiculous and shows how utterly incompetent the government is

This government will and has not hesitated to use urgency to pass legislation when it suits its agenda :

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/whats-the...ing-in-a-hurry

Excerpt : " .....the passage of the Local Electoral (Māori Wards and Māori Constituencies) Amendment Bill under urgency.

The bill was referred to the select committee with just two days for the public to make their submissions, with the whole select committee process lasting six days. The usual time given to a committee to report back on a bill is about six months.

While the Government says the use of urgency is to ensure the bill passes in time for the 2022 local body election, the Opposition says the bill is being rushed through for “solely political purposes”."

Cindy's government is so blatantly racist that it priorities favors to the Maoris to secure their votes as more important than protecting NZers from terrorists. Cindy confirmed she was and is aware of the Sri Lankan terrorist, and al the spin coming out now is why it is all too difficult to take action!!!!
    Last edited by Balance; 06-09-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    This government will and has not hesitated to use urgency to pass legislation when it suits its agenda :

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/whats-the...ing-in-a-hurry

Excerpt : " .....the passage of the Local Electoral (Māori Wards and Māori Constituencies) Amendment Bill under urgency.

The bill was referred to the select committee with just two days for the public to make their submissions, with the whole select committee process lasting six days. The usual time given to a committee to report back on a bill is about six months.

While the Government says the use of urgency is to ensure the bill passes in time for the 2022 local body election, the Opposition says the bill is being rushed through for “solely political purposes”."

Cindy's government is so blatantly racist that it priorities favors to the Maoris to secure their votes as more important than protecting NZers from terrorists. Cindy confirmed she was and is aware of the Sri Lankan terrorist, and al the spin coming out now is why it is all too difficult to take action!!!!
    Yes, just goes to show how quickly they can move when they are motivated. It's just a shame the motivations are so corrupt!