sharetrader
Page 484 of 737 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 7369
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I just had a great idea. I could switch cars with my wide and speed the 20 year process up to 2 months
    A wider Holden may attract more dents & dings IMO

fixed that post now lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    That doesn’t seem to make any sense on the face of it: retail spending has been elevated since last years lockdown for over 14 months straight. Why would it not resume its strong performance after this lockdown when people haven’t been able to spend any of their disposable income?
    Maybe they overspent last time. Looks like an inflexion point in this chart, see below, bounce coming?

"New data from Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) show card spending is beginning to bounce back from the previous week.
    BNZ Chief Economist, Paul Conway, says, “There are tentative signs that the bounce back from the lockdown is underway, with card spending up 12 per cent on last week. It is now sitting at 37 per cent below pre-lockdown levels."

Read more »

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Maybe they overspent last time. Looks like an inflexion point in this chart, see below, bounce coming?

"New data from Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) show card spending is beginning to bounce back from the previous week.
    BNZ Chief Economist, Paul Conway, says, “There are tentative signs that the bounce back from the lockdown is underway, with card spending up 12 per cent on last week. It is now sitting at 37 per cent below pre-lockdown levels."

Read more »
    34% of the country is still in level 4 lockdown, while the other 66% of the country was still in level 3/4 lockdown for the period covered in that card data. Retail spending is best judged by when entire country is back to at least level 2. Even then, card spending includes hospitality/accommodation etc which will still be negatively impacted by level 2 restrictions.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 09-09-2021 at 10:36 AM.

IMO

Yep,keep our eyes on that chart
    Looks like an inflexion point in that chart, , bounce coming hopefully.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-09-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Guru

Mr B has been the first to warn of future price movements to the upside. This should surely focus minds on the areas of the business likely to generate a lift in EBITDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Mr B has been the first to warn of future price movements to the upside. This should surely focus minds on the areas of the business likely to generate a lift in EBITDA.
    Thanks but to be fair many other experienced investors have noted this as a great buy.

I am really looking forward to the result on 29th and getting a steer on how this is going to grow further in FY22. I think the analysts have this one well and truly wrong with their FY22 average estimate of $110m. I foresee the so called one-off effect of Covid that is likely to generate more than $170m normalized profit in FY21 as being enduring for many years and that's what's going to be part of the driver behind price appreciation in the years ahead as well as Torpedo 7 gaining more critical mass as more people embrace the Kiwi outdoors and the market.com gaining momentum. Store within a store to start gaining more momentum in FY22 and future years too as well as some store rationalization with their WALT of just 4 years and they enhance their digital footprint.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Torpedo 7 to open store in Invercargill soon

That'll help their growth Beagle
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

A welcome gang busting prediction.

new store covers a city population of 60,000 hardy souls.

Stunning location and gateway to hopefully one day a booming tourism location...although lets hope QST gets back there in a few years time.

Still see i taking another 3 years for the international visitors to clear the border in any numbers.

I do know a local Irainian wo has cleared MIQ to central europe germany 3 times in the last 12 months who has stayed virus free.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 09-09-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    A welcome gang busting prediction.

new store covers a city population of 60,000 hardy souls.

Stunning location and gateway to hopefully one day a booming tourism location...although lets hope QST gets back there in a few years time.

Still see i taking another 3 years for the international visitors to clear the border in any numbers.

I do know a local Irainian wo has cleared MIQ to central europe germany 3 times in the last 12 months who has stayed virus free.
    I grew up as a little wee puppy down there, awesome place. Mrs B is keen to go back and get up close and personal with a close encounter...I'm not brave enough but will definitely come along and watch...just need to make sure she updates her will first lol. https://www.sharkexperience.co.nz/