sharetrader
Page 999 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 49989994998999599699799899910001001100210031009104910991499 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 19788
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by FatTed View Post
    No, I think all Health Care workers should be vaccinated, hardly a new concept. At present they need Hep B Smallpox
    That is a very good point & sets an important precedent.

If one is working in a hospital perhaps, but not everywhere. As a caregiver for a non-for profit organisation, there was no requirement whatsoever for me to have any specific vaccinations, when I started in my role. I don't recall even being asked about my vaccination status. I have had neither of those vaccinations.

No, I think all Health Care workers should be vaccinated, hardly a new concept. At present they need Hep B Smallpox
    Last edited by justakiwi; 21-09-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Was thinking of the hospital setting, good thing everyone else had smallpox vaccination. so that it became eradicated 1979

Advanced Member

From what I heard caregivers at Oceania in Hawkes Bay are being told to wear full PPE gear if they are unvaccinated. They don't have to if they are fully vaccinated. Not too sure that is a great policy, as both can infect the patient. I am guessing they are making it difficult for those that choose to not get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Would you want existing unvaccinated employees looking after your elderly parents though?
    Something exercising the minds of many employers but esp companies like OCA right now.
    Imagine the fury if an employee who refused vaccination introduced Covid into a Retirement village/ Aged Care, resulting in deaths.
    Exactly. RYM looking to make vaccination mandatory. I think OCA should follow suit.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Exactly. RYM looking to make vaccination mandatory. I think OCA should follow suit.
    Unless the borders open up to caregivers, rest homes are all massively understaffed. Lots of young ones I speak to don’t want the vaccine and will leave if forced to get one. Some young ones just don’t like being told what to, even if it’s good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Unless the borders open up to caregivers, rest homes are all massively understaffed. Lots of young ones I speak to don’t want the vaccine and will leave if forced to get one. Some young ones just don’t like being told what to, even if it’s good for them.
    Sounds just like my wife lol. I don't have the answer but the question is why should OCA bear the ongoing cost of full PPE gear for those that don't want to be vaccinated ?
    I can easily foresee the day where unvaccinated people are treated like second class high risk citizens. Entry to all sorts of venues will be off limits and they will find it hard to get employment in any role that involves front line service to the public. Their choice but there will be consequences that flow from that choice.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

In a population that is 90% vaccinated the unvaccinated will become the vulnerable population and gradually die off.

In a population that is 90% vaccinated the unvaccinated will become the vulnerable population and gradually die off.
    Hope they vaccinate most of the kids then
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That’s how life works. The smart strong genes pass on while the dumb genes die away 😃