sharetrader
Page 310 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2102603003063073083093103113123133143203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I have no problem with the domestic passport.

I have nothing but total contempt for the anti-vaxxers as they are more disgusting than Cindy.
    That sounds a little fascist itself. Ardern's concerted campaign of fear followed by a removal of Civil Liberties of a particular section of the population. Remind you of anything?

Membaa

It won't just be the government who sanction access to the unvaccinated, in fact they will probably lag behind businesses that cannot tolerate the potential harm of allowing unvaccinated carriers into their buildings exposing staff or customers.

It's happening now, and will expand exponentially imo. The unvaccinated will unfortunately become a minority excluded from many aspects of society that we all may have previously considered as rights.

As the unvaccinated percentage of the population falls, they become the vector of the disease. Risk on, risk off.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It won't just be the government who sanction access to the unvaccinated, in fact they will probably lag behind businesses that cannot tolerate the potential harm of allowing unvaccinated carriers into their buildings exposing staff or customers.

It's happening now, and will expand exponentially imo. The unvaccinated will unfortunately become a minority excluded from many aspects of society that we all may have previously considered as rights.

As the unvaccinated percentage of the population falls, they become the vector of the disease. Risk on, risk off.
    You might be right, human nature being what it is, but it's hardly logical. What are the vaccinated worried about again? Catching something they have been vaccinated against? Oh. that's right, they've been subjected to 18 months of fear.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    You might be right, human nature being what it is, but it's hardly logical. What are the vaccinated worried about again? Catching something they have been vaccinated against? Oh. that's right, they've been subjected to 18 months of fear.
    You're missing the point imo, let's break it down:

"You might be right, human nature being what it is, but it's hardly logical" - well yes human nature puts survival as it's top priority, so it's reasonable I think to say the response is entirely logical, to protect oneself and alienate the percentage of the population that are more likely to carry the virus.

"What are the vaccinated worried about again?" - again I think you've missed the point, the vaccinated can still catch the disease, it's just a lot less likely that they will be hospitalised or die, than the unvaccinated. But some of them will catch it and depending on co-morbidity they may or may not get over it, have to go to hospital, or die. Even Vaccinated people are at risk, that's why they don't want a large community of people who breed the virus around them.

" Catching something they have been vaccinated against?" I think I covered that above.

"Oh. that's right, they've been subjected to 18 months of fear." That's where you lose your audience, right there. Surprised though that you didn't conspiracy it with reference to Jacinda. Anyway, the point that I think you're missing is that this disease is worthy of being feared, it kills people, lots of them if it's uncontrolled, which for unvaccinated folks it is.

So putting politics aside if you can, there is a simple and free alternative to exposing oneself to the full potential of this virus, whether or not you end up not getting it, recovering from it, being forever compromised by it, or dying from it, and that's taking the vaccine.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 23-09-2021 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Spelling and gammar

Good friend in Australia lost 3 members of his extended family to Covid this year.

He was not going to get the vaccine, especially AZ which is the only vaccine available there to over 60s.

He not only got vaccinated but is now actively involved in urging & begging people to get the vaccine.

It should not need deaths to wake people up to how deadly Covid is.

Guru

Where Cindy is leading us. (Bill Maher is a leftie BTW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BerWhJAMc9E

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good friend in Australia lost 3 members of his extended family to Covid this year.

He was not going to get the vaccine, especially AZ which is the only vaccine available there to over 60s.

He not only got vaccinated but is now actively involved in urging & begging people to get the vaccine.

It should not need deaths to wake people up to how deadly Covid is.
    Sadly I think, it will be about 10% of the population susceptible eventually, hopefully less, but I'm really worried at the moment prior to that as it currently includes our children, that have no protection from this virus.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 23-09-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Lets be clear,

The vaccinated are rightly worried that Delta will spin off new more lethal variants in the unvaccinated population, variants which may easily find pathways through current vaccines.

The vaccinated are also extremely concerned about the friends, family, & others who vaccines won't work for.

- those on or facing chemo, or living with one of the many immunosuppressed suppressed conditions like multiple sclerosis.
    e.g. Cancer can strike anybody at any age & chemo suppresses your immune system meaning your immune system probably won't produce a strong enough antibody reaction to the vaccine to give you protection & you'll be unable to fight an infection.
    Many people, children & adults survive cancer these days & go on to lead full rich productive lives and they don't want to die of Covid.

We can help them by getting vaccinated ourselves.

And vaccinated people are worried outbreaks & serious illness in the unvaccinated is going to keep us in repeated lockdowns.

The indisputable fact is if we get too many Kiwis not getting vaccinated, we are going to be stuck with more restrictions, more frequent lockdowns, less freedom.
    No one disputes this, a very high vaccination rate is the only way out of this.

You can choose to help.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 24-09-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Lets be clear,

The vaccinated are rightly worried that Delta will spin off new more lethal variants in the unvaccinated population, variants which may easily find pathways through current vaccines.

The vaccinated are also extremely concerned about the friends, family, & others who vaccines won't work for.

- those on or facing chemo, or living with one of the many immunosuppressed suppressed conditions like multiple sclerosis.
    e.g. Cancer can strike anybody at any age & chemo suppresses your immune system meaning your immune system probably won't produce a strong enough antibody reaction to the vaccine to give you protection & you'll be unable to fight an infection.
    Many people, children & adults survive cancer these days & go on to lead full rich productive lives and they don't want to die of Covid.

We can help them by getting vaccinated ourselves.

There's also the indisputable fact that if we get too many Kiwis not getting vaccinated, we are going to be stuck with more restrictions, more frequent lockdowns, less freedom.
    No one disputes this, a very high vaccination rate is the only way out of this.

You can choose to help.
    Those arguments would be a lot more persuasive if the vaccinated couldn't contract Covid and infect others. But they can, and will. Because of this, Covid will mutate amongst ALL populations.

People continually make the wrong assumption that I am anti the jab. I'm not.
    I'm anti the fear and control propaganda campaign.
    I'm anti the eagerness to strip us of civil Liberties to cover government incompetency in preparing the health system.
    I'm anti a Domestic Passport that once in use will never be gotten rid of.
    I'm anti our government giving 105 million in bribes to the media to ensure a soft ride.

There is no need to be anti-jab to be anti domestic Passport. Everyone should be scared witless by what our government is proposing. A government that has shown it is incapable of delivering a pizza finds it easier to strip its citizens of Civil Liberties than actually do its job.

There used to be a popular quote amongst defenders of democracy, it went something like...."I don't agree with what you say. but I will defend your right to say it".

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    No surprises that not everyone is comfortable with subjects of race.

After 45 years of rubbing shoulders with nearly every race on Earth, I've found few have the stamina to go the distance.

Out of curiosity, during your globe trotting, which of the many "races" you have encountered "have the stamina to go the distance?"