sharetrader
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Went a bit higher than the 150’s …..maybe even 170 odd ….remember Swan and his hundreds of thousands of test and then he had to sell shares to fund the new deck
    You have sure scrambled that up.
    And lets not go there anymore, its past history, so lets look to the future which has improved slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hi Beagle.

While I respect your views and enjoy your comments on many threads on this forum I think today there are 80 million reasons to suggest you just might be slightly awry on this one.
    Seen it all before so many times I've lost count. He talks a big game and the company continues to lose money and raise more capital year after year after year after year.... What happened to his recent spiel that they didn't need any more capital ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ooh la la la Pierre
    I got nothing from Jarden or Sharsies, tried both as Sharsies got some for the ERoad placement when others didn't as they were one large shareholder. Do you have 450,000 shares Pierre!!! Go you if so
    This is what their website says

[COLOR=var(--jarden-colour-neutral-white-l)]PEB Placement[/COLOR][COLOR=var(--jarden-colour-neutral-white-l)]Thank you to everyone who registered their interest in the Pacific Edge Limited (PEB) Placement, we have been advised that due to high demand, an allocation has only been given to shareholders with more than 450,000 shares. Please note existing shareholders will be able to apply via the Share Purchase Plan (SPP).
    [/COLOR]
    This is the second time applying for placements and getting nothing. Annoying waste of time. I still have the retail offer to go though
    Anyone else get any???
    [COLOR=var(--jarden-colour-neutral-white-l)]

[/COLOR]th Road too.
    Last edited by Beat the Bank; 24-09-2021 at 05:00 PM. Reason: additional info

They were always going to need capital to grow the business. CX isn't there only product and the US is not the only market. Everyone makes mistakes and bloopers and you have named a few out who then turned out ok SUM you were unhappy with Julian's sales strategy and even WHS you didn't like the management team. Human like us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    They were always going to need capital to grow the business. CX isn't there only product and the US is not the only market. Everyone makes mistakes and bloopers and you have named a few out who then turned out ok SUM you were unhappy with Julian's sales strategy and even WHS you didn't like the management team. Human like us all.
    I just follow the money mate and seem to be doing okay.
    Surely you would agree its next level B.S. covering up the original Australian listing fiasco saying you don't need capital and then going ahead with the listing and raising more capital 5 minutes later. How is what they said really recently anything but blatant lies ?

How many capital raises and stories of growth have we heard before ?...forgive me I am weary and have lost count over so many years

Anyway...each to their own. I believe earnings and credibility of management matter and when there is none, I'm not interested.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-09-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I know you do. From what I read in the Herald this morning they were blaming the bankers for a typo. The management team could/should have done a better job with explanation after the incident. Market reaction today was spectacular and endorsement that its time to look forward.

Anyway you have your way of seeing it and thats cool. If your a shareholder you will do well like the rest of us. Have a nice weekend with Mrs B.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Seen it all before so many times I've lost count. He talks a big game and the company continues to lose money and raise more capital year after year after year after year.... What happened to his recent spiel that they didn't need any more capital ?
    Clearly, we cant look at PEB as a business making widgets and selling them to punters. It's a bio-tech company with a unique proposition that is taking time to gain acceptance in the conservative medical market - just as Xero had many capital raisings and took years to make a dent in the conservative accounting (your) profession. Neither enterprise is making profits yet (of any significance at least in Xero's case) as they are both investing for growth.

There is considerable risk in both companies - more so with PEB - so they are definitely not businesses that a conservative or income investor would rationally consider. Rubbishing the management - as others have done over the years - hasn't changed the belief of many long-term and institutional investors that these companies have enormous potential.

Your investment strategy is clearly not one that is remotely interested in businesses of this nature. You are a self-professed dividend hound and that's completely fine. I have the majority of my funds in that category too, though the growth in the SP of both XRO and PEB is changing the ratios a bit!

I've always held a reasonable portion of my portfolio in more speculative investments. I'm a very patient investor (not a trader) and am happy to ride the waves and cope with the vagaries of the market. I'm very happy with the outcome to date - though to be fair, the past 10-12 years have generally been pretty good overall.

I've held Xero since 2012 and today they are showing a paper gain of 2510%. I've been in PEB since 2012 too - but bought most in the past 3-4 years - and am showing a healthy 150% capital gain today.

There is much more growth to come with PEB but it will be years before it pays a dividend. They may need even more capital in the future too - but their prospects are bright so they will be supported. Today's CR shows there are plenty of strong believers in the company and its growth potential. I am one of those who subscribed today - and I will do it again in the retail offer.

However, I do not ever expect to see your name on the share register of either company - well, not until they are paying dividends, whenever that might be.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I just follow the money mate and seem to be doing okay.
    Surely you would agree its next level B.S. covering up the original Australian listing fiasco saying you don't need capital and then going ahead with the listing and raising more capital 5 minutes later. How is that anything but blatant lies ?
    Sounds like sour grapes to me beagle. Anyone can make money on a rising market, you do not have to be a genius.
    Now to a little speculation, and to be fair Beagle you do raise some valid points. There is a saying "fake it till you make it" and it would appear on the surface that Dave has been a master and it and it may pay off!
    There is a vast amount of blue sky in the $1.56 SP which values the company at $1.13 bil currently. Admittedly they are currently only doing $7.7 mio of business currently but based on current urological methods of bladder cancer dedection, CXbladder is far superior in both specificity and NPV values if their latest published data is to be believed. We are looking at a $7.3 bil market here but lets just say for arguments sake that they actually even do just 260,000 tests which they currently have the capacity to do. Thats a NZ$260 mil revenue flow. I'm not sure what their margins are but lets say just 40%. that means that earnings would be around $104 mio. If we assume 730 million shares then EPS would around 14.25cps. That would make a P/E of around 11. So what you need to consider is what earnings multiple you would apply to that, assuming that if they actually generate that level of income, you would expect the multiplier to be around 40+ on the basis that this could go worldwide.
    On the basis of a 20 multiple on todays price, the price would be calculated at around $2.18 and on a multiple of 40 the price would be approx $4.38
    Food for thought?
    Last edited by Harrie; 24-09-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Fair enough guys, each to their own. Only reason I post is everyone needs to have no illusions about the risks involved and appropriate asset allocation percentage to a loss making biotech company. $7m sales last year creating a $14m loss and a market capitalization of over $1.1 billion doesn't make any sense to me but good luck to shareholders.

I did okay with PAZ which is a biotech that was making real money. 5 times your money in under 2 years isn't too shabby. The key here is it was making real money at the time I invested which to my mind de-risks a biotech.

Acknowledge everyone has their own way of doing things. I'm pretty content with how I'm going and don't need to take speculative positions.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-09-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Clearly, we cant look at PEB as a business making widgets and selling them to punters. It's a bio-tech company with a unique proposition that is taking time to gain acceptance in the conservative medical market - just as Xero had many capital raisings and took years to make a dent in the conservative accounting (your) profession. Neither enterprise is making profits yet (of any significance at least in Xero's case) as they are both investing for growth.

There is considerable risk in both companies - more so with PEB - so they are definitely not businesses that a conservative or income investor would rationally consider. Rubbishing the management - as others have done over the years - hasn't changed the belief of many long-term and institutional investors that these companies have enormous potential…
    My investment in this company is admittedly based on emotion - I so want them to succeed! I am just delighted that the SP has recently exceeded what I paid for my most recent addition 7 1/2 years ago!