sharetrader
    Guru

The retail sell off starting atm as they release funds to front up for their SPP cost, imo further weakness will prevail until the SPP closes, could be wrong however !

All we need now is a buy in to the new technology from Johns Hopkins, and a few more of the bigger players in the USA and more than the current capacity of 260000 tests pa will be required. When this happens hold on to your hats LT'ers. It may happen sooner than we expect. All it takes is a couple more Kaisers and the rest will follow like lambs to slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    The retail sell off starting atm as they release funds to front up for their SPP cost, imo further weakness will prevail until the SPP closes, could be wrong however !
    Good point.

Looking at the bugger all volume in Australia, I wonder also if most of the $80m had been allotted to NZ institutions. Hope that’s not the case as they are already overweight the stock.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-09-2021 at 02:55 PM.

There is some logic for existing s/h's for selling off $50000 worth of stock at somewhere in the 1.50's and buying back at $1.35 or lower after allocation. The only risk is that there maybe scaling but that appears to be less likely.
    Like Balance I am a little surprised at the lack of volume on the ASX, which does seem to suggest that most of the funding for the CR has come from NZ. May take a bit of time for the Aussies to catch on to the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good point.

Looking at the bugger all volume in Australia, I wonder also if most of the $80m had been allotted to NZ institutions. Hope that’s not the case as they are already overweight the stock.
    Depth on ASX suggest retail buying but institutional selling - buying side is thin as.

I hope PEB & the joint CR managers have not screwed this one up by accepting the over-subscriptions of $20m, taking buying support away from the post CR market on ASX.

Imagine what $10m to $20m worth of post CR buying would do to the sp, as opposed to those who bid for more shares in expectations of being scaled back getting all they want.

Radius did the same thing (accept over-subscription) and screwed the aftermarket up.

Anyway, as long as sp is above $1.45, I will be applying for my full $50,000.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-09-2021 at 03:33 PM.

AWOL

Approximately 59.3 million shares were sold in the Placement. Settlement is expected to occur on 29 September 2021 for the ASX and 30 September 2021 for the NZX, with allotment and commencement of trading of the Placement shares on both NZX and ASX expected to occur 30 September 2021.

Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Approximately 59.3 million shares were sold in the Placement. Settlement is expected to occur on 29 September 2021 for the ASX and 30 September 2021 for the NZX, with allotment and commencement of trading of the Placement shares on both NZX and ASX expected to occur 30 September 2021.

Are we there yet?
    Shares are already trading on ASX?

Could be on deferred basis I guess.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Shares are already trading on ASX?

Could be on deferred basis I guess.
    Might be why its a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

Nothing to stop investors in Aussie buying. Any demand would be met by shunting shares across to the ASX. lets say there are a heap of sellers on the NZX @ NZ$1.50. If an Australian investor was prepared to pay A$1.44 (Using mid rate 0.9616) then you have a match. So I don't see the lack of activity as a lack of supply, what is more of an issue is lack of demand IMHO

I do hope ALL "Flippers" are paying tax on their Capital Gains... like those who Buy and Flip Property.

My guess is probably not.