sharetrader
Page 202 of 326 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3253

It is a good old tradition for me to buy FPH below the EMA400 - so I couldn't resist today ;

Nibbled some more around $30.

I guess - sure, they well might keep dropping to the lower boundary of their current trading band, but then, they might not ... and pretty sure whatever it is that I will be pleased in a decade from now with the purchase price.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It is a good old tradition for me to buy FPH below the EMA400 - so I couldn't resist today ;

I guess - sure, they well might keep dropping to the lower boundary of their current trading band, but then, they might not ... and pretty sure whatever it is that I will be pleased in a decade from now with the purchase price.
    Yes but who wants to wait 10 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Well yes there is that, my current holding Is down around 10% which some would consider stoploss material and I just sold 2 power companies out for a loss less than that % so need to think about this one also.

This thread always gets a bit panickie when the price drops below $30.. the SP always bounces back to the mid $30s.

I will again be accumulating. Will try 3 buy orders;

$29.00
    $28.50
    $28.00

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    This thread always gets a bit panickie when the price drops below $30.. the SP always bounces back to the mid $30s.

$29.00
    $28.50
    $28.00
    Went quite heavy on this so can't buy any more currently but because OCA is down so low I will consider selling some for a loss to buy more of them.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Many of us are happy to keep this in our long term portfolio. I'm adding a few at the current SP level. A great long term hold in my view

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

I guess - sure, they well might keep dropping to the lower boundary of their current trading band, but then, they might not ...and pretty sure whatever it is that I will be pleased in a decade from now with the purchase price.
    Tut tut Peter ….predicting the future are we?

Very difficult to do they say …..or is this prediction just gut feel with a bit of hope?
    Last edited by winner69; 12-10-2021 at 08:49 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

$29.00
    $28.50
    $28.00
    Maybe there will be no need to trouble your bank balance ...may not go there .

U need to understand TA aspect also ...when last it went to 27 at that time 400 SMA was 28 ...now 400 SMA is 32.26 ...400 EMA is 30.27 ...as per Yahoo charts ...means lots of water flown under the bridge ...todays 29.80 is like that days 26 .... BP was not buying then ...he is now ...Major change

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tut tut Peter ….predicting the future are we?

Very difficult to do they say …..or is this prediction just gut feel with a bit of hope?
    This coming from the man who loves to dangle around with future stock prices like carrots ... like $50 (or whatever) by Christmas?

Anyway - I am not predicting ... just disclosing my working assumptions ):

And lets face it - how would anybody be able to successfully invest if they don't make assumptions related to the overall return of the investment?

While nobody can predict the future with certainty and particularly not future stock prices ... the people who get it more often right than wrong are successful investors and the others not so successful investors.

So far my record is good enough to feed me and my family - which is good enough for me :
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 12-10-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Maybe there will be no need to trouble your bank balance ...may not go there .

U need to understand TA aspect also ...when last it went to 27 at that time 400 SMA was 28 ...now 400 SMA is 32.26 ...400 EMA is 30.27 ...as per Yahoo charts ...means lots of water flown under the bridge ...todays 29.80 is like that days 26 .... BP was not buying then ...he is now ...Major change
    But arnt we just in a sideways trading pattern between $27-$36 ish.

Hmmm now I'm worried ill missed out