sharetrader
Page 363 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 2633133533593603613623633643653663673734134638631363 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 14308
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Might have been spread there by Labour’s chosen people - a sex worker or gang member maybe(?)

Another $110 million going into trying to push (part)Maori to get vaccinated. I wonder how the money will be spent - maybe targeted TV and Radio advertising(?) Seems to be an eye-watering sum of money for an ad campaign. Only 850,000 (part)Maori in NZ remember.
    Or maybe not.
    Casting aspersions is the best you can do?

And it was $120mil, not $110.
    Indications have already been given on how it will be spent - door-to-door campaign is one option.
    I doubt Radio and TV advertising would do the trick but I suppose if you were running the show that would be the best you could do - or maybe you would just ignore the issue?

Still, it's a lot of money for 1 group - $150 for each person. Maybe just give them $150 when they turn up for the 2nd shot?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Might have been spread there by Labour’s chosen people - a sex worker or gang member maybe(?)

Another $110 million going into trying to push (part)Maori to get vaccinated. I wonder how the money will be spent - maybe targeted TV and Radio advertising(?) Seems to be an eye-watering sum of money for an ad campaign. Only 850,000 (part)Maori in NZ remember.
    I don't know anything about this person in Blenheim other than he/she is a known contact to the Te Awamutu cluster. Most or all of the people in that cluster are well "known to police".
    Last edited by iceman; 23-10-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And this is the way you communicate & interact with the ‘unfortunates’ you supposedly help? God help them because you definitely cannot.
    Yup - a bit scratchy this morning, honarary granddaughter's birthday was booked at the Parua bay pub tonight.

But surely - you should rejoice!

You claim to believe that my personal and professional efforts have inevitably done more harm than good by producing a host of beneficiaries with a sense of entitlement and grievance. You are sure that they vote labour.

Does evidence of my incompetence not reassure you - even a little?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Still, it's a lot of money for 1 group - $150 for each person. Maybe just give them $150 when they turn up for the 2nd shot?
    Yes that'll probably do it.

Legend

If you were Maori you would still be you - enuf said.
    I'd be a modified me. Similar innings, but in a different shell.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yes. I do turn my back on the haka bit. If I was a Maori I'd be highly emwbarrassed; I suppose some are.
    Fair enough. I withdraw and apologise for suggesting you should get a life. You clearly have one, and you are very obviously interested in the world around you. I let my niggles over the cringe/puke run away with me.

I have sure been embarrassed by a few hakas - and since I'm writing to you I nearly rewrote the earlier bit to avoid committing myself to hakas. But Ka Mate has become special.

Anyway - I reckon it saves a lot of grief to have the option of looking at Ka Mate on a number of levels. Sometimes its a genuine challenge, more often it is only a symbol (though we might argue about what it signifies on any particular occassion). It is always a dramatic performance. If it is done well it moves me.

The group protesting the building of Nawha prison in their rohe moved me with Ka Mate. I wasn't bothered by the contradictions inherent in performing a Ngati Toa haka in defence of the mana of Ngapuhi. But that was for different reasons.

My school's performance of Ka Mate never moved me in the slightest, but I didn't cringe at the time tho I would now.

The All Blacks prior to Buck Shelford were pretty cringeworthy too.

I'm sure some Maori (you avoided committment to an s there) are embarrassed on occassion too.

and will we be required to show respect to and admire Morris Dancing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quiet Observer

Yes, we could do that. But surely Maori don't want to be sitting on another gravy train that ultimately leads to a dead end?

Agreed, $120,000,000 is certainly a mighty big trainload of money.

...and of course let's remember, this is additional to the 'vaccine rollout' monies already being budgeted & getting spent/invested by the Govt. Plus, additional to the all monies being invested by Iwi & NGO's to also assist in achieving the desired outcomes amongst Maori.

The stated purpose of the additional $120M spend is to assist Maori in getting the unvaccinated Maori actually vaccinated.
    With respect Dobbie, it is far more than $150 per person. So what would a slightly more accurate per person cost be I hear you ask.

First up, 25% of the 850,000 Maori population are under 12 yrs old. Meaning for now we are now actually talking a maximum group size of 640,000.

Secondly & importantly when looking at that eligible group, we know that 48% of those have already achieved the desired outcome by being double jabbed.
    (Plus an additional 20% have just the first dose, so they are already on the way to achieving the desired outcome).

I don't need to spell it out, so I'll let you do the numbers, but I'm sure even a yr 10 student could work it out & see it is significantly more than $150 for each person.

Is it a well considered, measured & responsible use of $120M (just pause and look at the number, it's eye watering!) of current & future taxpayers money?
    Definitely not. Even a Skunk would have a better chance of passing that sniff test!
    Last edited by FTG; 25-10-2021 at 09:07 AM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Fair enough. I withdraw and apologise for suggesting you should get a life. You clearly have one, and you are very obviously interested in the world around you. I let my niggles over the cringe/puke run away with me.

I have sure been embarrassed by a few hakas - and since I'm writing to you I nearly rewrote the earlier bit to avoid committing myself to hakas. But Ka Mate has become special.

Anyway - I reckon it saves a lot of grief to have the option of looking at Ka Mate on a number of levels. Sometimes its a genuine challenge, more often it is only a symbol (though we might argue about what it signifies on any particular occassion). It is always a dramatic performance. If it is done well it moves me.

The group protesting the building of Nawha prison in their rohe moved me with Ka Mate. I wasn't bothered by the contradictions inherent in performing a Ngati Toa haka in defence of the mana of Ngapuhi. But that was for different reasons.

My school's performance of Ka Mate never moved me in the slightest, but I didn't cringe at the time tho I would now.

The All Blacks prior to Buck Shelford were pretty cringeworthy too.

I'm sure some Maori (you avoided committment to an s there) are embarrassed on occassion too.
    First thing every morning I have a peek in the mirror to ensure I've still got a life - and so far I have. Yes, I do not use Maori as a plural - even though most dictionaries now accept it as an alternative. I'm surprised you do, as you seem to be a fan of the letter 's', even going to the trouble of twice jamming an extra one into 'occasion' -

Guru

Talking of this vaccine roll-out and the purported 850,000 ‘Maori’ - if a European and a Maori have a baby together, is this new human being considered to be -

A) A Maori

B) A European

Just asking for a friend.

I think we’d all be better off as a ‘human race’ if we stopped classifying people in racist terms according to their skin colour - i.e currently if they have brown skin they seem to get classified as a Maori and any other heritage be damned.