sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    thats true , but i was wondering from the staffing side of things if they are all on isolation how do you find replacement staff to keep things running
    Its called agency and casual pool workers bull.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Its called agency and casual pool workers bull.
    ok thx but is the pool of available people to call on large ? and if you have multiple villages needing people will it cover this ? i know in other industries if you call on say like labour hire the rates they charge would be higher than what a village pays its staff is that right. if so it would mean op costs to the village would be higher for the lenght of an outbreak?
    one step ahead of the herd

I assume they also spilt shifts? Run two different bubbles. That's what most co's of any scale are doing.

Banned

ok thx but is the pool of available people to call on large ? and if you have multiple villages needing people will it cover this ? i know in other industries if you call on say like labour hire the rates they charge would be higher than what a village pays its staff is that right. if so it would mean op costs to the village would be higher for the lenght of an outbreak?
    Yes agency workers come at a higher cost to the company but not casuals, a good manager knows how to keep agency need to a minimum and cultivate a good sized casual pool at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes agency workers come at a higher cost to the company but not casuals, a good manager knows how to keep agency need to a minimum and cultivate a good sized casual pool at all times.
    thx couta for your insight

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I assume they also spilt shifts? Run two different bubbles. That's what most co's of any scale are doing.
    They run 3 shifts round the clock and working short staffed on any given shift is common in the industry and at some facilities it can become a chronic situation due to mismanagement.

I fully support the mandate that health workers must be vaccinated, but I can tell you this. It is causing havoc already. Our Nurse Manager refuses to get vaccinated so she is gone in a couple of weeks. Two care staff are following suit. Possibly one housekeeper. The rest of us are feeling anxious and stressed as we have not yet received any kind of direction from upper management in terms of what happens when they all walk out the door. I am on my three days off but all I can think about is work. This is all uncharted territory.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I fully support the mandate that health workers must be vaccinated, but I can tell you this. It is causing havoc already. Our Nurse Manager refuses to get vaccinated so she is gone in a couple of weeks. Two care staff are following suit. Possibly one housekeeper. The rest of us are feeling anxious and stressed as we have not yet received any kind of direction from upper management in terms of what happens when they all walk out the door. I am on my three days off but all I can think about is work. This is all uncharted territory.
    cheers for the insight.
    a problem for all in the industry for sure and something im working on now to factor this very issue into my analysis for all in the sector

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    For many its becoming an EGO issue too ...as thinking is not about right or wrong or they know better etc ...but ..." How Dare u order me to get vaccinated " ...This will lead to some teething issues but eventually mandates will help lesser stand downs and mandatory isolations of staff

These are not ordinary times ...think of WW 2 in UK ...How the whole country rallied behind a very bossy leader ...But the real cause of War supported people's ego also ...so there were not many not doing the right thing at that time .

Moreover it was more shameful thing to be against your leader at that time . Now its more fashionable to be anti vax. as it makes u look strong and unique etc

I probably should add though, that I am in a regional town. So the available pool of casual or additional staff, is significantly smaller than it will be in the likes of Auckland, Nelson etc. So a very different situation to the likes of OCA etc.

I am concerned about how we will cope, staffing wise, if we get a case in our home.

I honestly don't know what the answers are to any of this. I guess time will tell.

cheers for the insight.
    a problem for all in the industry for sure and something im working on now to factor this very issue into my analysis for all in the sector
    Last edited by justakiwi; 01-11-2021 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Shared a bit too much sensitive information so removed