sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lol you give people little credit, only the very odd mindless fool would give up a job they enjoy because of reading something on a fickle/trash social media site.
    People do!
    Anti-vaxxers will.
    People decide not to get vaccinated for a lot of mindless reasons.

Yep. Including, "God told me not to get it."

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    People do!
    Anti-vaxxers will.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    People do!
    Anti-vaxxers will.
    I don't know any like that personally excepting some whose initial sound reasons for not getting the vax went a bit wild with the whole world depopulation and 5g nonsense (Or maybe they are just ahead of the game with their 5g thoughts, who knows?)
    Last edited by couta1; 01-11-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Have come across a few people who I know and thought reasonably highly of (ie. not complete halfwits) to recently out themselves as "unsure" about the vaccine. It takes you by surprise!

Advanced Member

Sounds just like a case of polarized thinking to me, I know plenty that are giving up their jobs in this industry and they won't be changing their minds.
    Guess they will become unemployable eventually. If they can afford it good on them. They must also enjoy travelling around nz in a car. Great for them.

Guru

I don't know any like that personally excepting some whose initial sound reasons for not getting the vax went a bit wild with the whole world depopulation and 5g nonsense (Or maybe they are just ahead of the game with their 5g thoughts, who knows?)
    I don't know anyone who isn't (or hasn't) got vaxxed.

As for 5G - as a technologist, I can say that 'we' know they aren't ahead of the game.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Guess they will become unemployable eventually. If they can afford it good on them. They must also enjoy travelling around nz in a car. Great for them.
    Yes there will be some unemployable, probably sooner rather than later. But 'eventually' the current pandemic will fade away globally, and c19 vax status will not be top of anyone's mind. Well it will be of interest to academics for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Back to thinking about how OCA makes money, it's all about selling and reselling units as opposed to the care side of things. In covid times a village is a far safer place to be so if anything sales should see a boost and therefore the bottom line.

Or am I just clutching at a few positive straws in an otherwise depressing situation?
    need too break up these retirement beasts into care analysis and property analysis to completely understand all the in's and outs. what your referring too the property side has its own headwinds as well next year.

anyway i see a second staff member at the henderson outfit has now tested positive
    Last edited by bull....; 01-11-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

One theory for the share price weakness that might hold some water is the capital raise by Arvida which @ $330m is pretty sizeable. The effect of that on existing participants in the industry is something I have often observed with capital raises in the REIT property sector. If people need to sell something to participate in the Arvida rights issue possibly it makes more sense to sell something outside of this sector rather than sell into a depressed OCA share price.

Final payment for the second issue completing Arvida's capital raise is due not later than 8 November so perhaps with that behind us as we head towards the latter part of November and the pending half year result announcement on the 29th we might see a modest recovery.

On the matters of insiders share parcel movements while we've all noticed Greg Tomlinson's recent multi million dollar acquisition at $1.41 any further updates on Earl Gasparich and Mark Stockdon's sell down's have been conspicuous by their absence. Perhaps they're not interested in selling into a depressed share price and if they aren't maybe others are wise to observe that ?

Disc: I participated in Arvida's placement and paid for my share of their upcoming rights issue today and did not sell any OCA shares to fund that.

Bull - Nobody is going to thank you for a running commentary on case numbers in some non OCA village. Its irrelevant and it looks like a blatant attempt to manipulate the OCA share price down so you might get some negative rep if you bring it up again.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-11-2021 at 06:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Evergrande has debt of 300 billion and a market cap of 32 billion... so nearly 10 times more debt to market cap...
    It's just the times we live in ... extradionary debt... public sector, private sector... you name it we are at all time high debts everywhere and it's a bubble about to burst...

Something must be going horrifically wrong with Oceania... these are cash cow businesses that squeeze as much money out of elderly people for as little care as possible (generally speaking)...

cc