sharetrader
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Where is Mav and his wise words. Wonder if he is trying to buy as many as he can at these prices?
    Ok Rawz, I'll come out and play now " it's all quiet on the western front ".
    All here should have a good understanding of this company by now with so many excellent posts over the years. Each will now have well formed opinions on the current SP too. ( you will know mine).
    There is nothing new to contribute in this post regarding the upcoming HY result that isnt already posted.
    Just to reiterate, I expect a flat ( or ever slightly up) result to PCP due to AKL lockdown delaying sales timing. It was going to be a goodie but that's delayed now.
    It will seem a dull report overall to most but its strength will be the steady as she goes result despite disruptions , increased care profits and construction progress ( the expensive stuff is not finished and ready for sale yet). There will be many gems in the report that wont be told by the bottom line.

Generally I think a lot of readers are going to be disappointed with OCA over the years to come. Not because it isn't a very solid and quality investment . IMO it's the SAFEST and best value on the market.
    Rather it will potentially disappoint as many here are looking for excitement and action.
    Here's a phrase that helps sums up what I mean

"If its exciting ,its not investing , its gambling"

OCA as an investment , despite its juggernaut progress will continue be like watching grass grow ( just as Bull quipped recently).
    BTW....No, it's not me selling, ....the band has arrived and is just setting up.
    Last edited by Maverick; 05-11-2021 at 03:29 PM.

I confess I am a naughty dog and I knew there was a good chance my post would get you out of your rabbit hole
    Yeap its as boring as watching grass grow and more boring than watching paint dry but as you say, boring is good.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It seems so long ago that Macquarie quit what they had left at $1.20

Good price back then
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It seems so long ago that Macquarie quit what they had left at $1.20

Good price back then
    True ... but wasn't it on special for 40 cents per share in March 23, 2020? Hey, this was a good price!

Discl: Missed that opportunity as well ... my cheapest buy into OCA was 55 cents March 19th, 2020 ... - and yes, I bought them on the way down ... bad habit!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    "If its exciting ,its not investing , its gambling"

OCA as an investment , despite its juggernaut progress will continue be like watching grass grow ( just as Bull quipped recently).
    BTW....No, it's not me selling, ....the band has arrived and is just setting up.
    i played poker for a living for six years. OCA is indeed boring in contrast. 20% of portfolio, bought some more yesterday, couldn't resist -average price now up to close to a dollar. Might buy some NTL to get the gamble buzz

Who's ready for the whale to relaunch on high tide 😂🐳😁

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Who's ready for the whale to relaunch on high tide 
    Lets do this.

Looks like the tides coming in

High tide is approx 9.30 a.m. on 29 November 2021 and I am expecting a 1.50 meter tide so the water level should keep rising between now and then. Well done to those that picked the low tide at 1.33 !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

So Jarden have sold some 3 million odd shares.