Kiwi Saver was set up to be a pension fund for all Kiwi workers...its premise is to encourage and assist people in saving for retirement. As such it would be a "bad look" if the investment profile allowed for anything other than stable and relatively conservative investment decisions. Your returns of 20-30% are impossible unless there is extensive risk involved and pension schemes achieving those sorts of returns are not going to be able to deliver at that level year after year..if ever. So I'm not sure what relevence your comments have. Retirement funds look for steady year on year growth not yo=yo investing. A good year is embraced of course but a bad year and the bad publicity that goes with it will kill the whole premise behind retirement investments and KS would become a laughing stock. Investing with 20-30% returns is not investing its gambling and governments dont take kindly to that sort of behaviour. Hopefully you are not working in the retirement industry...if so please let us know so we can avoid your fund
Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
Kiwi saver is a joke/

A bad year for me is 15%pa/

I aim for 20 to 30% return on equities

I'm excluding the massive gains the past 2 year's due to the Fed expanding the money supply 40%.

Kiwisaver hedge too much with bonds/there also using covered calls to bet against there own buys

It's stupid/that's why kiwisaver gets an average return of 8/9%

Hedge funds only work if you have 1m+ /the Portfolio manager is basically protecting the rich and there wealth while everyone else is getting SreweD on returns.