sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveTheIRD View Post
    I've been lurking on this thread for a few months. Reading this has been a lot of fun and is part of the reason why I had joined this forum. Sky is my biggest pick in my portfolio.

It sucks that it is down but I don't think we should be demotivated by factors like the property sale which is bound to happen sooner or later. It's fair to expect that it's going to be a slower sell than smaller residential million dollar properties in the area. It's a pretty big piece of land with a big asking cost. It's all dependent on finding the match made in heaven. The longer it takes, in this market, isn't necessarily the worst either. There still seems to be a fair bit of steam in the growth of property prices which can't be a bad thing for us.

The sale of the property will be a nice extra but it isn't the sole reason why I am attracted to this stock. The way I see it, I believe it's still crazily undervalued. There's a healthy balance sheet. It's making us a profit which could then be used to give us a dividend in the future. It may take longer but it's not out of the picture. Realistically it will take a few years for Sky to get the valuation it deserves but the wait will be worth it. I'm looking at how they can maintain profits sustainably, how many users will be on the broadband network, and them getting more people to join up Sky in one form or another. Based on those metrics, things look on the up.

Don't lose hope.
    That you Sophie?! nga mihi thank you for the words of encouragement. keep up the mahi!!

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveTheIRD View Post
    I've been lurking on this thread for a few months. Reading this has been a lot of fun and is part of the reason why I had joined this forum. Sky is my biggest pick in my portfolio.

It sucks that it is down but I don't think we should be demotivated by factors like the property sale which is bound to happen sooner or later. It's fair to expect that it's going to be a slower sell than smaller residential million dollar properties in the area. It's a pretty big piece of land with a big asking cost. It's all dependent on finding the match made in heaven. The longer it takes, in this market, isn't necessarily the worst either. There still seems to be a fair bit of steam in the growth of property prices which can't be a bad thing for us.

The sale of the property will be a nice extra but it isn't the sole reason why I am attracted to this stock. The way I see it, I believe it's still crazily undervalued. There's a healthy balance sheet. It's making us a profit which could then be used to give us a dividend in the future. It may take longer but it's not out of the picture. Realistically it will take a few years for Sky to get the valuation it deserves but the wait will be worth it. I'm looking at how they can maintain profits sustainably, how many users will be on the broadband network, and them getting more people to join up Sky in one form or another. Based on those metrics, things look on the up.

Don't lose hope.
    Maybe judging by the timestamp its Phil!! gidday Phil! can you please let us know when your buying some more shares from the sale of your vast real estate empire? Cheers!

Pretty unusual price action really. Big flush on Tuesday on average volume, then a very low volume day yesterday. Usually flushes are followed by some strong volume. No sign of Osmium. Makes me wonder if games are being played and something is going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Pretty unusual price action really. Big flush on Tuesday on average volume, then a very low volume day yesterday. Usually flushes are followed by some strong volume. No sign of Osmium. Makes me wonder if games are being played and something is going on behind the scenes.
    They are buying other opportunities

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.m...e-271637774720

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    My observation - a biggish buyer emerged in the afternoon and took out stock at $1.72, leaving over 60,000 still on the bid. The size sellers immediately all started disappearing.

At the close, someone paid up at $1.73, queue jumping the biggish buyer at $1.72.

The biggish buyer pulled out after the close, no doubt waiting for the sellers to start queuing up again today?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    My observation - a biggish buyer emerged in the afternoon and took out stock at $1.72, leaving over 60,000 still on the bid. The size sellers immediately all started disappearing.

At the close, someone paid up at $1.73, queue jumping the biggish buyer at $1.72.

The biggish buyer pulled out after the close, no doubt waiting for the sellers to start queuing up again today?
    Yes same thing occurred the day before too and only appeared late afternoon. They had a variable bid size which suggests they want volume and someone to sell into them. Testing the market.

Advanced Member

I’m sure glad Sky management turned down the opportunity to start a bidding war starting at the $2.30c takeover offer price so we could get to experience these sadomasochistic delights in the $1.65c regions!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I’m sure glad Sky management turned down the opportunity to start a bidding war starting at the $2.30c takeover offer price so we could get to experience these sadomasochistic delights in the $1.65c regions!
    Don't you love companies you have shares in sharing their sadomasochistic tendencies............

Added a small swing parcel this morning taking advantage of retail sell down early morning. Probably flick off to the late afternoon buyer. Should cover a case of champagne for Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Stock is almost at $1.80!

What just happened?

Market just responding to the fact that I'll need 2 cases, not just 1.