sharetrader
Page 1549 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 549104914491499153915451546154715481549155015511552155315591599 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,490 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Dont know you'd have to ask him but whether he believes in it or not should it happen he will be part of it as a Christian, thats the great thing heads you win, tails you win. Lol
    Good one, couta1!

Comrades of course believe that everyone must be equal irrespective of how lazy one is - wealth must be transferred from the hard working to those who prefer to be on welfare. Win win for beneficiaries & the comrades breeding them for votes.

Advanced Member

I mean he's done substantially more than fry a basket of fish and chips.
    Between Clarke Gayford's liking for fishing, and comrade Jacinda's liking for the fry, they have control of the means and distribution sorted out.

Karl Marx would be impressed.

Advanced Member

But could anyone really separate their beliefs (Whatever they may be) from their politics? Your core beliefs if they are strong enough run through all your life and the decisions you make whether right or wrong. I would call Luxon a moderately conservative Christian and I think the Evangelical label is unhelpful, he would get my vote based on his values and huge business/economic experience, I mean he's done substantially more than fry a basket of fish and chips.

You may label him what you like if it makes you comfortable, But, Luxon openly defines himself an Evangelical Christian & attends an Evangelical church.
    Whether its helpful or not is irrelevant since that's how he defines his beliefs himself. See how you get on telling him he's wrong.

Anyway, can we look at the big picture everyone, what middle NZ voters might think, instead of arguing over who you or I might vote for.
    National need to reclaim the middle ground if they are going to be the next govt, and astonishingly this will be the 5th National leader Jacinda has faced since becoming Prime Minister.
    They can't afford to screw it up again.

I don't mean to go on about the religious thing, but am raising it because I can see it becoming an issue with a large number of voters in the campaigns leading up to the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    You may label him what you like if it makes you comfortable, But, Luxon openly defines himself an Evangelical Christian & attends an Evangelical church.
    Whether its helpful or not is irrelevant since that's how he defines his beliefs himself. See how you get on telling him he's wrong.

Anyway, can we look at the big picture everyone, what middle NZ voters might think, instead of arguing over who you or I might vote for.
    National need to reclaim the middle ground if they are going to be the next govt, and astonishingly this will be the 5th National leader Jacinda has faced since becoming Prime Minister.

I don't mean to go on about the religious thing, but am raising it because I can see it becoming an issue with a large number of voters in the campaigns leading up to the next election.
    Labour & Jamie Lee Ross brought it up as an issue in Botany electorate and it made no difference to the outcome there.

And yes, a desperate Labour is going to bring it up but has Labour's atheism not influenced government policies for the worse?

Legend

I'm not so sure about that. Up until Clarke came along and had the guts to stand up and say she didn't believe in Gods, previous PMs used to mumble about a god, although I'm sure some were just having a bob each way with the voters.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Up until Clarke came along and had the guts to stand up and say she didn't believe in Gods, previous PMs used to mumble about a god, although I'm sure some were just having a bob each way with the voters.
    *Clark, Helen.

Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvhnRZsv4Q4

Australia's evangelical PM has made it illegal to criticise religion in Australia.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

Australia's evangelical PM has made it illegal to criticise religion in Australia.

Shocking, the bill will allow people to override anti-discriminatory Federal laws, on the basis of a persons religious beliefs.
    e.g. a school principal might not employ a gay teacher or discriminate against a gay student, or allow a business to discriminate against a person of another religion, or a doctor to object to certain procedures. They're even seeking assurances it won't allow discrimination against people with a physical disability.
    After the Israel Folau incident, you would think they would have learnt their lesson but I suppose he got a lot of support from some religious groups.
    Such a backward step.
    Not much different to the Taliban.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...imination-bill

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

Legend

Shocking, the bill will allow people to override anti-discriminatory Federal laws, on the basis of a persons religious beliefs.
    e.g. a school principal might not employ a gay teacher or discriminate against a gay student, or allow a business to discriminate against a person of another religion, or a doctor to object to certain procedures. They're even seeking assurances it won't allow discrimination against people with a physical disability.
    After the Israel Folau incident, you would think they would have learnt their lesson but I suppose he got a lot of support from some religious groups.
    Such a backward step.
    Not much different to the Taliban.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...imination-bill
    All the legislation in the world will not prevent discrimination. No law can control what you think. - Discriminate all you like - just keep the reason to yourself.
    If you don't like Muslim bi-sexual dwarves, no law can make you employ one. Just don't tell her why.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 28-11-2021 at 12:50 PM.