sharetrader
Page 1579 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 57910791479152915691575157615771578157915801581158215831589 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,790 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I don't believe anyone can prove exactly how old the earth is, and someone believing in creation is not a problem per se.

But believing that the Bible is literally true and that the earth is only thousands of years old is (for me) a disqualification for high public office, because it involves a denial of rationality.
    Who believes that?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Who believes that?
    Not Luxon (I hope) - but this aspect of the discussion cropped up when someone suggested JT should have asked him how old he believed the earth is.

Dilettante

It will be interesting to see the "shadow cabinet" when announced by Luxon soon, in particular his front bench. I hope that, in addition to himself, Willis (Housing) & Bridges (Finance/Infrastructure), the front bench will also have Mark Mitchell (Defence ?), Erica Stanford (Immigration/Social welfare ?), Chris Bishop (Covid/Leader of the House?), Shane Reti (Health), Simeon Brown (Police/Corrections ?), Louise Upston (Education ?), Chris Penk (Justice ?), Nicola Grigg (Agriculture or trade ?), Andrew Bayly (Business/Revenue?)

Anyway, just speculation from me. It will be paramount that Luxon does this well and gets a united and powerful team behind him to really start attacking the many weak Ministers in the Government. They are very vulnerable to prolonged & well delivered attacks.
    I even question whether he should give Collins (well experienced attack dog) a portfolio against a weak Minister such as Poto Williams, but Simeon Brown has been doing well there so is probably a better choice. Muller should be assigned to the backbenches and leave at the end of this term or earlier.
    Last edited by iceman; 06-12-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Those who don't get a portfolio of sorts will be a lonely lot methinks ...espif not on talking terms with Muller and Collins
    Last edited by winner69; 06-12-2021 at 12:51 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

A pretty good lineup, even though I had preferred a few different changes. What I am reading from this is:

Look forward to Ministerial roles (apart from the obvious):
    Doocey, Brown, Kuriger, van de Molen, Penk, Grigg, Mooney, Simmonds, Watts

DCM:
    Collins, Mcclay, Bennett, Woodhouse & maybe even Bayly. Don't understand what's happening with Muller. I reckon Mark Mitchell may now seriously consider running for the Auckland Mayoralty after what I find a surprisingly low ranking (14)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Those who don't get a portfolio of sorts will be a lonely lot methinks ...espif not on talking terms with Muller and Collins
    They are their own opposition.

Judith will probably want more to be asking questions of bridges.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    They are their own opposition.

Judith will probably want more to be asking questions of bridges.
    Too funny for an obviously paid Labour keyboard warrior. You are clearly shaking in your boots now that a credible opposition may be arising, easily exposing your Dear Leader's failings on every issue possible

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Too funny for an obviously paid Labour keyboard warrior. You are clearly shaking in your boots now that a credible opposition may be arising, easily exposing your Dear Leader's failings on every issue possible
    NZ has heard it all before though. Maybe the 5th times the charm and they will present a united front.

They have a long row to hoe before they can be considered "credible opposition." Regardless of whether one supports the current government or not.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Last edited by justakiwi; 06-12-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    They have a long road to hoe before they can be considered "credible opposition." Regardless of whether one supports the current government or not.
    Are they really going to hoe a road?