sharetrader
Page 458 of 1436 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 14352
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Agree it is not the most important factor by any means and in fact the data I mentioned supports that. However you raised a question on the effect of the AS on inflated house prices - for quite a chunk of the period from inception of the AS changes in the HPI annual % were generally small. More recently house prices have shot away and reasons for that have been well traversed in the media. AFAIK the AS has not been identified as a major reason.
    I said that AS may have been a factor not a major factor. In many countries during the same period house prices have had longer periods of static or declining values.

However I do understand there have been various policies contributing to residential housing inflation, and these are jealously defended by some. After all many NZers have so much more invested in residential housing, and have often derived handsome gains, compared with NZers investment in companies on the comparatively small capitalisation NZ stock exchange. Political parties seeking office are very aware of this.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 28-12-2021 at 09:18 AM.

I am really enjoying Balance's holiday. I hope he is too.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I am really enjoying Balance's holiday. I hope he is too.
    So am I.
    I was expecting him to mention another Govt policy failure - the 'Covid for Xmas' one.
    So little spread - obviously a failure!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Of course it did. Subsidies never land where they are intended.
    Unusually I agree with you all the way on this.

Some NZers following the Mistress Of Spin :

Last edited by Balance; 31-12-2021 at 11:28 AM.

IMO

Bad Loser

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Far out, Chris Hipkins walked out of the bush so that means he's a wonderfully competent minister. The puke-making Labour / Leftist propaganda machine (=the NZ media) and Labour's on-line marxist / unionist army have been going ga-ga over Hipkins in a way that is reminiscent of the phoney 'Jacindamania' that was rammed down our throats in 2017.

The other coordinated NZ media (=Labour / Leftist propaganda machine) and Labour's on-line marxist / unionist campaign has been to attack Chris Bishop and David Seymour at every turn. They must have decided that these are the two threats coming at them from the Right so the boot is going in, and of course the media and unions have huge financial resources at their disposal to carry out their attack.

At the end of the day a DJ has come into this country 3 times as an 'essential worker' while genuine essential workers & Kiwi's stranded overseas cannot get a look in. The response from the media and on-line marxist / unionist army is to gush over Hipkins and attack Bishop and Seymour. It's all a pathetic smokescreen in run desperate interference for this teflon government.

The Left in this country will burn in hell for their non-stop marxist brainwashing of the NZ Public.
    Some reports claim the Pope recently declared there is no such place or thing as hell. In the most unlikely event I have some sort of religous conversion, I'm joining his mob.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/30/171799...alfari-italian

He also gave some advice for a happy marriage.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-thanks-sorry

It's about time he published his own version of The Junior Woodchucks' Manual.

IMO

‘Bad loser’ - the Left enjoy a laugh at the fact they have the public in the palm of their hand via their control of the media and their on-line presence. Inevitably there will be a backlash at some stage, so enjoy your woke takeover while it lasts.
    Spin whinger of the day ,get happy while you are here.

Guru

‘Bad loser’ - the Left enjoy a laugh at the fact they have the public in the palm of their hand via their control of the media and their on-line presence. Inevitably there will be a backlash at some stage, so enjoy your woke takeover while it lasts.
    We're all happy rather than angry though.

Anger is at the core of what motivates a conservative. That and fear. These are not really helpful emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    We're all happy rather than angry though.

Anger is at the core of what motivates a conservative. That and fear. These are not really helpful emotions.
    And on cue, out comes the lying & shameless Labour Party shill.

Spare us your lies in 2022.

Where’s your link that Luxon paid no tax?

And who created Whanau Ora to attract Maori votes?
    Last edited by Balance; 01-01-2022 at 04:23 PM.