sharetrader

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Silver Fern Farms chief executive Simon Limmer says the company plans to expand its carbon-zero offering beyond beef to also include lamb and venison.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...cid=app-iPhone

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Silver Fern Farms chief executive Simon Limmer says the company plans to expand its carbon-zero offering beyond beef to also include lamb and venison.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...cid=app-iPhone
    The last comment from Simon is key - "There is only one direction of travel for our industry and Silver Fern Farms wants to be out the front leading".

Good to see and again another step in front of domestic competition. Part of this will be the recognition that free-range, extensive NZ agriculture is/can be a sustainable source of protein.

Alot of it is based on the fact that many NZ farms are carbon positive, sequestering more carbon than what they emit. The First Carbon-Zero Farm in New Zealand | Toitū Envirocare (toitu.co.nz) I don't think Lake Hawea Station is anything particularly special as a farm compared to other Kiwi farms (apart from the owner having more cash than average).

Policies undermining instead of promoting NZ farmers | Otago Daily Times Online News (odt.co.nz)

Don't want to start a debate on global warming and meat/dairy ruining the world, but enough of this carbon farming bull****, and productive NZ farms going to pine trees never to be cut down and creating other problems for our environment. Grrrrrr......I think I'll shut up now......