Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I am still waiting for the next leg down since 2009 and have missed the greatest bull run in history. Also waiting for the next leg down since March 2020.

I have been buying doom stocks such a gold producers , I see in the herald this morning 3 of my holdings in the top three rises yesterday(NST, NCM, EVN). But conversely they could be the top three falls tomorrow. Faith based investing is very volatile.

Have continued to own /picked up shares for yield such as Sanford, Spark, MCY, MMH(a bit speculative, caught up in Balances hype at the time but happy to hold) more recently AGL and KPG(many concerns with this, rising yields, internet retail, investing in residential at what might be the end of the boom. beagles posts, troyvdh post etc)

Over this terrible time for me, central banks have continued to stymie my doom narrative with historically low interest rates and reckless money printing, and I think they will continue with more of the same but possibly not as good a result. My anger at central banks may show through in my posts on occasion.

Still poor but can only blame myself really. Conservative investor looking for yield, need to be less scared of debt knowing the central bankers have my back.

You never know I might be right one year out of 12, but the problem is I will be paralysed with fear if it does happen so will miss my once in a lifetime chance once again.
You need a framework for understanding the cycles. I use the 20.5 year property cycle. It really helped me.