sharetrader
Page 476 of 1439 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576976 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 14382

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Contracts are not necessarily indefeasible under NZ Law. I am not sure if it is pathetic to refuse to be bound to all the terms of a contract where there has been misrepresentation, economic duress, undue influence, fraud or misrepresentation. As I say the circumstances are important.
    She received proper legal representation before signing said contract.

And ERA has ruled against her, finding that she knew what she was signing.

Can’t say she received proper legal representation at the ERA however :

‘Lawyer Charlotte Parkhill said O’Brien had given 14 years of service to the company and would have to rely on bartending work if the clause was upheld.’

Bartending? Is she really so useless outside of her grovelling interviews with Cindy? How pathetic an argument!!!!

BTW, do you support broken promises like only 1,400 out of 100,000 Kiwibuild houses promised being built? Promise made under pressure (misrepresentation, duress, undue influence, fraud) to hoodwink NZers to vote for Cindy?
    Last edited by Balance; 24-01-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    BTW, do you support broken promises like only 1,400 out of 100,000 Kiwibuild houses promised being built? Promise made under pressure (misrepresentation, duress, undue influence, fraud) to hoodwink NZers to vote for Cindy?
    A non sequitur. However fwiw, I assign a probability of less than 50% to a promise, made by a political party during a campaign, coming to fruition if they achieve the Treasury benches.

I am not sure if it would be in the best interests for the country to require promises previously made to be enacted should changing circumstances render these campaign promises no longer appropriate. However if political manifesto promises were intended to be contractual offers and were enforceable against a government under contract law, the Political Party Manifestos would be blank sheets. A couple of big "ifs" though....
    Last edited by Bjauck; 24-01-2022 at 07:58 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    She received proper legal representation before signing said contract.

And ERA has ruled against her, finding that she knew what she was signing.

Can’t say she received proper legal representation at the ERA however :

‘Lawyer Charlotte Parkhill said O’Brien had given 14 years of service to the company and would have to rely on bartending work if the clause was upheld.’

Bartending? Is she really so useless outside of her grovelling interviews with Cindy? How pathetic an argument!!!!

She would make an excellent barmaid.

Guru

Australia corona situation a mess:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/23/a...dst/index.html

Not sure how it was handled at all since their PM "left it to the states".

Imagine Jacinda saying local councils are responsible.

Let’s hope the Government does not deliver this on this.

There could be "tens of thousands" of cases of the Omicron variant each day "within weeks", according to COVID-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2022/01/coronavirus-latest-on-covid-19-community-outbreak-monday-january-24.html

Meanwhile, a leading data modeller says the highly transmissible variant could infect half of the population within just a few months.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Australia corona situation a mess:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/23/a...dst/index.html

Not sure how it was handled at all since their PM "left it to the states".

Imagine Jacinda saying local councils are responsible.
    I thought you might know this but to compare the power by Australia´s state Governments and our local councils is a bit silly, to put it mildly !
    Last edited by iceman; 25-01-2022 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If there is an imbalance of power that prevents a satisfactory deal - walk away. It's not compulsory to deal.
    Bash out the terms first. If you agree then sign the agreement. If not - forget it. Be a man, not a wimpy little twit.
    Leaving aside the sexism - Take a moment to remember situations where there was a big imbalance of power and it was you that was over the barrel. Did you apply the same somewhat rigid judgments to your own behavior?

In my experience most people don't.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Leaving aside the sexism - Take a moment to remember situations where there was a big imbalance of power and it was you that was over the barrel. Did you apply the same somewhat rigid judgments to your own behavior?

I'm quite sure you don't know most people.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post

Perhaps FP is hankering after a patriarchal power structure in which subservient groups have no redress.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm quite sure you don't know most people.
    Well that's very clever, but doesn't address my point. So (in the hope that you will be willing to actually engage) let me restate it as best I can.

I have spent the last 50 years as a psychotherapist and employment advocate, dealing latterly with Family Violence and workplace bullying, and involved in the menz movement.

I have found that the majority of the people I have met hold other people to a higher moral standard and judge them more harshly than they judge themselves. I have observed that this is especially true of people who hold their own moral views particularly rigidly.

I was inviting you to examine your own beliefs and behavior.