sharetrader

That's the fastest decline in 4 months I can ever recall and huge level's of stock and very low volumes of sales, (lowest since the GFC) gives a very strong lead indicator that the future direction is down, potentially quite a lot more. Cash is king at the moment in the property market that's for sure !

If this gets back to the IPO price of 79 cents the yield will be sort of okay at about 5.5%. Might sign up for a few more at that price but otherwise I'm not bothered and will ride this out with the very modest holding I have. I think its now crystal clear the real estate tide is going out at a serious pace and as mentioned already there's enormous challenges with provision of care services.

I think the whole retirement village sector is not a good one to have too much invested in for at least the rest of 2022 and maybe 2023 as well.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-05-2022 at 02:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's the fastest decline in 4 months I can ever recall and huge level's of stock and very low volumes of sales, (lowest since the GFC) gives a very strong lead indicator that the future direction is down, potentially quite a lot more. Cash is king at the moment in the property market that's for sure !
    Nice to hear!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

If this gets back to the IPO price of 79 cents the yield will be sort of okay at about 5.5%. Might sign up for a few more at that price but otherwise I'm not bothered and will ride this out with the very modest holding I have. I think its now crystal clear the real estate tide is going out at a serious pace and as mentioned already there's enormous challenges with provision of care services.

I think the whole retirement village sector is not a good one to have too much invested in for at least the rest of 2022 and maybe 2023 as well.
    You have the right idea. Ride it out and add if at a complete bargain

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    You have the right idea. Ride it out and add if at a complete bargain
    Go big or go home has always been my motto and always will be while I'm still breathing air, live it, feel it and just do it. PS-Bought a good number more at 99c.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    What sort of ball park price is a 1 brm or 2 brm unit?Thanks. And the minimum age.
    I just bought one in Brisbane for $175k.
    These particular ones are all 2 beds at around 590k, 70 minimum age.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    These particular ones are all 2 beds at around 590k, 70 minimum age.
    Thanks Couta. Half the price here and 55 min age. But 42%dmf over 7 years.
    99c should be great long term surely.
    I dumped 1/4 at 104 after having purchased some at 140 as I want cash for a NZ house.
    Still in the green.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Thanks Couta. Half the price here and 55 min age. But 42%dmf over 7 years.
    99c should be great long term surely.
    I dumped 1/4 at 104 after having purchased some at 140 as I want cash for a NZ house.
    Still in the green.
    A few players in the sector here sat at the 55 min age prior to about 15yrs ago but they have all cranked it up to 70-75 nowadays to increase turnover.

I’ve bought a few more OCA shares at current prices. Sitting at over 900k shares now. Can’t believe the SP has come down so much. Makes it attractive for a takeover. What’s the difference between when MET was taken over and how OCA currently sits?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OCA share price up up and away today

We'll never see $1.00 again

bad luck bull....
    99c with a load of weight on it and not much propping it up.... hmmm

$1 has always been a key level for OCA, so I guess if you are gonna buy, here is the place to do it. Easy invalidation.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!