19 16.24%
  • 2 years +

5 4.27%
  • Even longer

3 2.56%
Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Jeez 19 months on average to get back to breakeven,prob longer if one discounts the 2020 covid blip.
    Guess its more important then ever re stockpickng over ETF's etc,having those few stocks that can pass on costs and still pay a reasonable div..Transitory inflation argument almost discounted now.

There's very good dividend ETFs. There's an ETF for everything. KernelWealth's Infrastructure index (it's not an ETF) has performed very well. Whether it will continue to do so, who knows.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    There's very good dividend ETFs. There's an ETF for everything. KernelWealth's Infrastructure index (it's not an ETF) has performed very well. Whether it will continue to do so, who knows.
    Fair point. Stocks that can pass on costs and still pay reasonable divs,pricemakers..The gap is going to grow between these and the priceTakers.
    I can't think of many ,CSL on asx is an example .

I voted for 18 months as in I think it has at least 18 months to run and that's being optimistic I suspect.

The Federal Bank of NY says there is an 80% chance of a hard landing. I would upgrade the 80 to 99 I think we have the same chance of a soft landing as we had of inflation being transitory.

I think we are in for a recession and we don't have the "good drugs" we usually use available to take the edge off because if we're gonna fix inflation the good drugs are off the table. But what goes down and doesn't go under, one day will go back up again so the hardest thing for me is going to be not buying prematurely and letting the sales hit "clearance" stage.
    Last edited by lawson; 20-06-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    I voted for 18 months as in I think it has at least 18 months to run and that's being optimistic I suspect.

The Federal Bank of NY says there is an 80% chance of a hard landing. I would upgrade the 80 to 99 I think we have the same chance of a soft landing as we had of inflation being transitory.

I think we are in for a recession and we don't have the "good drugs" we usually use available to take the edge off because if we're gonna fix inflation the good drugs are off the table. But what goes down and doesn't go under, one day will go back up again so the hardest thing for me is going to be not buying prematurely and letting the sales hit "clearance" stage.
    When Bitcoin goes below $1,000 is when we have capitulation in the financial markets.

At that time, mortgage the house and buy buy buy.

Default bit of a coin

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    When Bitcoin goes below $1,000 is when we have capitulation in the financial markets.

At that time, mortgage the house and buy buy buy.
    You're overestimating the value of bitcoin. Haven't we accepted before that it was a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    You're overestimating the value of bitcoin. Haven't we accepted before that it was a scam?
    Agreed - it’s a Ponzi scheme imo but that’s the level when I will call the markets as having bottomed.

Madoff lost $40 billion of investors’ monies with a Ponzi scheme over several decades and he got life in prison.

Do Kwon lost $40 billion of ‘investors’ monies through Luna crypto. He is not only free but he is launching Luna 2! Go figure!
    Last edited by Balance; 20-06-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks for the link LEK. Very interesting.

What's the timing on $1K BTC? 1 year? 10 years?

Or maybe put another way, does your call have an expiration date?
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post

You've got a good chance of being right! If housing crashes in the US, then I agree. But my guess is housing will hold and that this is a correction. We'll find out!