sharetrader
Page 689 of 1436 FirstFirst ... 1895896396796856866876886896906916926936997397891189 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 14356

Ardern’s doing - healthcare disaster.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...wife-shortages

New Zealand College of Midwives chief executive, Alison Eddy has been a midwife since 1996. She says the midwifery staffing crisis is the worst she has seen.

Shortages were chronic in both hospitals and in the community.

“Just when it feels like we have hit rock bottom, it gets worse. We are now skidding on the gravel, and it hurts.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Ardern’s doing - healthcare disaster.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...wife-shortages

New Zealand College of Midwives chief executive, Alison Eddy has been a midwife since 1996. She says the midwifery staffing crisis is the worst she has seen.

Shortages were chronic in both hospitals and in the community.

“Just when it feels like we have hit rock bottom, it gets worse. We are now skidding on the gravel, and it hurts.”

Andrew the Great will be out very soon trying to tell all that everyone else in the Sector screaming (that is apart from himself) are all telling stories / made up little fairy tales

Is there anywhere he can hide - since the Health Sector touches just about everyone ?

What a wonderful Portfolio it is, in comparison to that of conducting a post mortem on dark remains of a former coal mine - where $60m chucked down a dark hole goes almost unnoticed, far from the spotlight

The banging of scalpels on the table and yells for amputation of something small, defective and useless in the Health portfolio has only just started and will only steadily grow louder
    Last edited by nztx; 27-07-2022 at 03:12 AM.

Guru

Out of 92 pledges in the 2020 Labour manifesto they have delivered 56, 22 in progress, 11 not yet achieved and 3 not achieved.
    Not bad for halfway into the term (without a 'handbrake').
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/labour...AF4JBJL5W67M4/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Out of 92 pledges in the 2020 Labour manifesto they have delivered 56, 22 in progress, 11 not yet achieved and 3 not achieved.
    Not bad for halfway into the term (without a 'handbrake').
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/labour...AF4JBJL5W67M4/
    Can’t read it, paywalled. But assume it’s along the lines of:

Solve housing crisis: not achieved.
    Bring in Matariki holiday: achieved.
    Sort out child poverty: in progress.

Labour probably marking themselves as well.

Legend

The minor pledges probably only deserve half marks

The not achieved in major items which affect many/most - the points should be doubled in deduction

Cant have Labour promising all they would suck lollypops and having each rank similar against major flops
    on points, can we ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Andrew the Great will be out very soon trying to tell all that everyone else in the Sector screaming (that is apart from himself) are all telling stories / made up little fairy tales

Is there anywhere he can hide - since the Health Sector touches just about everyone ?

What a wonderful Portfolio it is, in comparison to that of conducting a post mortem on dark remains of a former coal mine - where $60m chucked down a dark hole goes almost unnoticed, far from the spotlight

The banging of scalpels on the table and yells for amputation of something small, defective and useless in the Health portfolio has only just started and will only steadily grow louder

Even though our health system is under enormous pressure, I'm not sure where else i'ld rather be.

In the UK the NHS is almost collapsing as latest figures show they are facing severe shortages with 110,000 health jobs unfulfilled, including needing 12,000 doctors & 50,000 nurses now.

Australia's health system is buckling too e.g. they are triaging patients in tents in the car park on the Gold Coast, Sydney & Brisbane, Cairnes has only 1 negative pressure ward, its projected they will be 85,000 nurses short under current settings in 36 months time. Nurses are leaving in droves due to burnout & they can't even gauge the full extent of the crisis as they have a disjointed system spread across Federal, State & Private institutions.

Canada is facing severe shortages and need about 60,000 nurses, Switzerland, Israel, Norway etc all desperate for health workers.

Don't get me started on the nightmare US health system..

We obviously have huge inequality of patient care across the country in our current system & massive duplication with 20 DHB's for a comparatively small population, competing with each other for resources instead of co-operating with each other & sharing resources.
    The Health reforms aim to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Even though our health system is under enormous pressure, I'm not sure where else i'ld rather be.

In the UK the NHS is almost collapsing as latest figures show they are facing severe shortages with 110,000 health jobs unfulfilled, including needing 12,000 doctors & 50,000 nurses now.

Australia's health system is buckling too e.g. they are triaging patients in tents in the car park on the Gold Coast, Sydney & Brisbane, Cairnes has only 1 negative pressure ward, its projected they will be 85,000 nurses short under current settings in 36 months time. Nurses are leaving in droves due to burnout & they can't even gauge the full extent of the crisis as they have a disjointed system spread across Federal, State & Private institutions.

Canada is facing severe shortages and need about 60,000 nurses, Switzerland, Israel, Norway etc all desperate for health workers.

We obviously have huge inequality of patient care across the country in our current system & massive duplication with 20 DHB's for a comparatively small population, competing with each other for resources instead of co-operating with each other & sharing resources.
    4.5 years in power and everything related to housing, healthcare, education, law & order have deteriorated into real crises & disasters under Ardern.

And what has she been doing all that time?

Spinning and lying - that’s Ardern.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

Under enormous pressure is one way of looking at it, Little has another view,
    and those battling away on the cliff face yet another..

I know which I would believe - and that's not some clueless ranting fill-in politician from the beehive

Guru

Yes it's important to see whether things are acutally in a crisis.

As opposed to believing at face value what those with an interest to 'change the govt' (hence bias) think.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 28-07-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted

———————
    Last edited by Balance; 28-07-2022 at 09:15 AM.