sharetrader
Page 110 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1527
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I am sure that Freight volumes will be up both in Q3 and (likely, due to it being the future) Q4 - and this is what any truckometer will show as well.

More interesting would be in my view the question whether margins can keep up; I am sure that the ridiculous high diesel prices as well as increased payrates start to bite the industry.
    If the demand is good then I believe MFT will be in a position to pass on Diesel / other additional costs as fuel surcharge or simple CPI adjustments to freight costs

Now will be the test of good management vs average managements ....as passing additional costs is a tricky job ...like a game of poker !!

Dilettante

Shipping costs have dropped rapidly in the last few weeks/months and container availability & shipping become more readily available. This is positive for MFT as it allows us to recoup some of the fast rate increases that could not be passed on to customers rapidly enough last year. Fuel costs have also rapidly decreased in recent weeks.
    Slowing World economy is obviously a concern for freighting companies BUT, it also sorts the boys from the men and I think MFT is now a very strong, globally diversified player that can take advantage of economies of scale.
    So I'm very confident MFT is chugging along very nicely.

The big thing for us Kiwi holders, is the exchange rate. ATM, looking back 12 months, the NZ$ is down against most of the income generating currencies for MFT.
    We get roughly 1/3 of revenue in USD, which is up roughly 10-15% average through the year.
    A$ roughly 1/4 of revenues. Up roughly 5-8% average last 12 months.
    Euro will be the interesting one and difficult to forecast or guess what is happening with freight there.

But I am confident we will have a very good trading update soon and a good half year report in November. Expecting $1.00 divie
    Last edited by iceman; 10-10-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Guru

Back to Jan 2021 atm !

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Back to Jan 2021 atm !
    Yield shooting up :-)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Back to Jan 2021 atm !
    Don't stress the bottom of the market has not been reached yet. It is not just MFT heading down quick. Longterm it will always head up. Just keep adding more shares to your portfolio if you feel these prices are what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Shipping costs have dropped rapidly in the last few weeks/months and container availability & shipping become more readily available. This is positive for MFT as it allows us to recoup some of the fast rate increases that could not be passed on to customers rapidly enough last year. Fuel costs have also rapidly decreased in recent weeks.
    Slowing World economy is obviously a concern for freighting companies BUT, it also sorts the boys from the men and I think MFT is now a very strong, globally diversified player that can take advantage of economies of scale.

The big thing for us Kiwi holders, is the exchange rate. ATM, looking back 12 months, the NZ$ is down against most of the income generating currencies for MFT.
    We get roughly 1/3 of revenue in USD, which is up roughly 10-15% average through the year.
    Euro will be the interesting one and difficult to forecast or guess what is happening with freight there.

But I am confident we will have a very good trading update soon and a good half year report in November. Expecting $1.00 divie
    I agree, but you need to stick with the lingo.

I do expect a satisfactory trading update ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Completely spot on in every point, the 1/3 Revenue from USD would have grown with increased capacity in the states... Bring on the November update

should put a rocket under the share price

Updated numbers for first half of year

• Estimated revenue for the 26 weeks has improved. 32.5% to $3.01 billion
    Estimated profit before tax for the 26 weeks has improved 65.8% to $301.7 million

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...953/381463.pdf

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...953/381625.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 21-10-2022 at 09:20 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Wow amazing! Good stuff MFT

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    should put a rocket under the share price

Updated numbers for first half of year

• Estimated revenue for the 26 weeks has improved. 32.5% to $3.01 billion
    Estimated profit before tax for the 26 weeks has improved 65.8% to $301.7 million

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...953/381463.pdf

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...953/381625.pdf
    Quite satisfactory, isn't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)