sharetrader
Page 928 of 1436 FirstFirst ... 42882887891892492592692792892993093193293897810281428 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,280 of 14352
    Advanced Member

From fish and chips, to just Chippie.

The fishy one has sacked herself.

Maybe Clarke will have a Crack to perk her up?

Comrade Cinders, the woman who used NZ to reduce herself to ashes.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    You are quoting Dan Wooten & GB News Channel as a source of informed sensible comment about Jacinda Adern!
    No disrespect & understand its not out of malice, just ignorance but that's laughable.
    Do you know anything about Dan Wooten?

Do you know organisations such as Stop Funding Hate, have asked advertisers to boycott this channel?
    Do you know there have been well over 2,300 complaints to Ofcom against GB News spreading misinformation?

It's dismaying people listen to channels like this & people like Dan Wooten & then go on to promote their opinions to others, but explains why there's increasing amounts of toxic, mysoginistic, misguided, hatefulness on the fringes of society now & how its becoming increasingly normalised.

With respect, read & listen to lots of different but proper news sources, like The Economist, Guardian, Washington Post, Reuters, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, The Atlantic, which publish facts & informed opinion & are subject to a professional code of ethics, & then form your opinions.

This is something we now desperately need taught in schools.
    I do read a lot of comment from different sources. Yes, I do know a bit about Wooton. Dan Wooton is a New Zealander who is now based in the UK. He's far from alone in slamming Ardern. I chose to mention him as he has a special interest in NZ.
    FWIW I personally like Jacinda. She's way up there in charisma. And I think she has been an outstanding representative most of the time on the world stage. (None of which is to say I agree with her political stance on many things - because I don't.)
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 22-01-2023 at 11:54 AM.

Advanced Member

After watching Chris Hipkins media conference yesterday I felt the equation has shifted & National won't be continuing to celebrate Adern resigning quite the way they were a few days ago.

We already know he's incredibly smart & quick on his feet, but was reminded he has a really good sense of humour ( Chris Luxon is seriously lacking a sense of humour) & a very engaging, straightforward direct way of answering questions compared to Luxon's often laborious rehearsed answers.
    When Hipkins speaks, he's interesting he's direct. Luxon risks looking ponderous.

He's young 44, with young children, fun sense of humour, fit as can be often cycling the 30 kms from Upper Hutt to Parliament before work, helpful & very down to earth, good keen DIY man, enjoys the outdoors.... lots of values Kiwis relate to.

Less relatable is the extremely corporate looking Chris Luxon, Christian Evangelical (with the disturbing beliefs which come with that) ordering a black BMW to drive him 50 meters to Parliament...what! , owning 7 houses, collecting another $45,000 off us taxpayers renting his own electorate office back to Parliament, an uber wealthy lifestyle & no sense of humour.

Luxon & National's current strategy of 'making themselves as small a target as possible' & just let Labour lose the election, may not continue to work now.

National's CV is risibly light, Luxon hasn't ever even been a Minister & his knowledge of policy flimsy at best esp compared to Hipkins who could wipe the floor with him in the House & debates.

Anyway just some initial thoughts, interested in others impressions.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

After watching Chris Hipkins media conference yesterday I felt the equation has shifted & National won't be continuing to celebrate Adern resigning quite the way they were a few days ago.

We already know he's incredibly smart & quick on his feet, but was reminded he has a really good sense of humour ( Chris Luxon is seriously lacking a sense of humour) & a very engaging, straightforward direct way of answering questions compared to Luxon's often laborious rehearsed answers.
    When Hipkins speaks, he's interesting he's direct. Luxon risks looking ponderous.

He's young 44, with young children, fun sense of humour, fit as can be often cycling the 30 kms from Upper Hutt to Parliament before work, helpful & very down to earth, good keen DIY man, enjoys the outdoors.... lots of values Kiwis relate to.

Less relatable is the extremely corporate looking Chris Luxon, Christian Evangelical (with the disturbing beliefs which come with that) ordering a black BMW to drive him 50 meters to Parliament...what! , owning 7 houses, collecting another $45,000 off us taxpayers renting his own electorate office back to Parliament, an uber wealthy lifestyle & no sense of humour.

Luxon & National's current strategy of 'making themselves as small a target as possible' & just let Labour lose the election, may not continue to work now.

National's CV is risibly light, Luxon hasn't ever even been a Minister & his knowledge of policy flimsy at best esp compared to Hipkins who could wipe the floor with him in the House & debates.

Anyway just some initial thoughts, interested in others impressions.
    Good post Blue Skies, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Advanced Member

Less relatable is the extremely corporate looking Chris Luxon, collecting another $45,000 off us taxpayers renting his own electorate office back to Parliament, an uber wealthy lifestyle & no sense of humour.

Oh ye of short memories.

How many Labour MP's have the same electorate office arrangement?

How much experience did Comrade Cinders have before PM?

2 fish and a scoop please.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

[QUOTE=Balance;989835]Give him a chance with his track record?

Chip off the old Ardern block![/QUOTE]

I know it is not your intent but I think many people would regard that as a positive

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Oh ye of short memories.

I think it's 2 Labour MP's and 4 National MP's, but the point is I'm talking about the leaders, taxpayers pay rent on 2 of the properties Luxon owns himself & uses, including $45,000 for his Electorate office, plus there's his Wellington home, whereas none for Chris Hipkins.
    Nothing illegal but when many Kiwi's are struggling with the cost of living many won't relate well to that esp when he made paper gains of around $4.3 million his 7 properties in 2021 & his salary of around $300,000.
    Maybe they will, what do you think?

Luxon entered Parliament in October 2020 so he's had just over 2 years as an MP, most of it as a Backbencher.

After Uni, Adern worked as a researcher in Helen Clark's office, then in 2006 joined & worked as a Senior Policy Advisor for then Prime Minister Tony Blair, entered Parliament in 2008, & had 9 years experience in our Parliament before becoming leader in 2017.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Oh ye of short memories.

That post is worse than your last one - and that was really bad😀

Advanced Member

Anyway, it remains to be seen if new wallpaper can fix the old Cracks, or just delay the inevitable...

Guru

taxpayers pay rent on 2 of the properties Luxon owns himself & uses, including $45,000 for his Electorate office, plus there's his Wellington home, whereas none for Chris Hipkins.
    Nothing illegal but when many Kiwi's are struggling with the cost of living many won't relate well to that esp when he made paper gains of around $4.3 million his 7 properties in 2021 & his salary of around $300,000.
    Maybe they will, what do you think?

Luxon entered Parliament in October 2020 so he's had just over 2 years as an MP, most of it as a Backbencher.
    All examples of wasteful spending - Luxon should lead by example and trim his own budget.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-01-2023 at 03:14 PM.