sharetrader
Page 1040 of 1438 FirstFirst ... 405409409901030103610371038103910401041104210431044105010901140 ... LastLast
Results 10,391 to 10,400 of 14375
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    The source is Vote Health, Ministry of Health & you're welcome to look up the figures, but since I notice you've been platforming Conspiracy influencer, Chantelle Baker, (who recently platformed Dutch politician Thierry Baudet a conspiracy theorist who promotes Climate denial, anti-Nato, pro Russia, anti- Semitism & racism) , and you & Balance seem to have hitched your wagons to her (in my view) fringe craziness, you're not going to believe anything from one of our govt' dept's.

The Vote Health new infrastructure funding by year of appropriation was (in millions),
    2013 $431M
    2014 $200M
    2015 zero
    2016 zero
    2017 $150M
    2018. $788M
    2019. $2,136M
    2020. $867M

I don't know how to post the graph but since you & Balance in my view hold fringe views it doesn't really matter, not going to change your minds anyway.
    You are a laugh and a half are you not. I am actually a paid up member of Thierry's party. Forum voor Democratie. Or known as FvD. Not sure where you get the nonsense about anti-semitism, pro russia etc from. Yes he is maligned in the fake news media but nothing new there. What the hell does "climate denial" even mean? How can you deny the climate? It happens, it is what it is. What is a conspiracy influencer? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    You are a laugh and a half are you not. I am actually a paid up member of Thierry's party. Forum voor Democratie. Or known as FvD. Not sure where you get the nonsense about anti-semitism, pro russia etc from. Yes he is maligned in the fake news media but nothing new there. What the hell does "climate denial" even mean? How can you deny the climate? It happens, it is what it is. What is a conspiracy influencer? Weird.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_for_Democracy provides plenty of information on Thierry's party and his politics, including antisemitism, homophobia, and pro Russian stances.

I suspect you know very well what "climate denial" means, but in case you really have been living under a rock for the last twenty years -

"Climate Deniers" are people who (for whatever reason) deny anthropogenic climate change. Some of them deny that the earth is gettting warmer, some of them acknowledge that fact, but deny that human activity is responsible.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_for_Democracy provides plenty of information on Thierry's party and his politics, including antisemitism, homophobia, and pro Russian stances.

I suspect you know very well what "climate denial" means, but in case you really have been living under a rock for the last twenty years -

"Climate Deniers" are people who (for whatever reason) deny anthropogenic climate change. Some of them deny that the earth is gettting warmer, some of them acknowledge that fact, but deny that human activity is responsible.
    I too believe that we humans have limited impact on climate change. The big thing called the sun does its job. The earth is getting warmer, has been for a while since the little ice age.

Wikipedia, give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don’t expect BS to reply - his purpose on this site is to regurgitate the lies, misinformation and BS put out by the Labour Party to deflect from the disastrous wasteful non productive spending which have yielded nothing but crises in healthcare, housing, law and order, social division and education.

Notice how he proclaimed Labour’s record housing build but used building consents rather than actual builds? Challenged, he ducks, dives and deflects - anything except answer the question.

I am very pleased that more and more posters (thanks for your PMs) are becoming aware of just how devious the Labour Party affiliated posters like BS, dobby41, westerly, tim23 are.
    Come out of your cage parrot and stop repeating the rubbish your master keeps feeding you.
    The reasons for crises in healthcare, housing, etc. are simple. Both parties are fixated on decreasing tax rates. If you don’t pay tax you do not get Govt. services
    To reduce tax, important Govt. Depts. like the MOW were aboliished ,resulting in a loss of expertise amongst other things, one reason large amounts of cash is paid to consultants.
    National is a conservative party, in otherwords a do nothing outfit. Act is more for increasing the
    wealth of those who have plenty.
    Labour once more left of centre and the working persons party has lost it’s way and deserted it’s
    true supporters.
    I doubt Iwill be voting for Labour, they show no real desire to assist those who are struggling to get a house or even maintain a reasonable living standard. National and Act will not get my vote.
    Doing away with introducing a CGT was Labours first big mistake and they show little sign of recovering.
    Maori co governance is a sideshow. If you have both European and Maori ancestry you are a New Zealander. Not a Maori.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Maori co governance is a sideshow. If you have both European and Maori ancestry you are a New Zealander. Not a Maori.

westerly
    Tell it to these 'New Zealanders" :

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Come out of your cage parrot and stop repeating the rubbish your master keeps feeding you.
    The reasons for crises in healthcare, housing, etc. are simple. Both parties are fixated on decreasing tax rates. If you don’t pay tax you do not get Govt. services
    To reduce tax, important Govt. Depts. like the MOW were aboliished ,resulting in a loss of expertise amongst other things, one reason large amounts of cash is paid to consultants.
    National is a conservative party, in otherwords a do nothing outfit. Act is more for increasing the
    wealth of those who have plenty.
    Labour once more left of centre and the working persons party has lost it’s way and deserted it’s
    true supporters.
    I doubt Iwill be voting for Labour, they show no real desire to assist those who are struggling to get a house or even maintain a reasonable living standard. National and Act will not get my vote.
    Doing away with introducing a CGT was Labours first big mistake and they show little sign of recovering.

westerly
    Bravo! I lost ALL credibility to the Labour Party when Jacinda made that statement where "For as long as i'm in politics, CGT will not be considered..." - In translation to the those that voted Labour? An outright LIE where she campaign on introducing a tax or CGT. They asked what she could do on making houses more affordable. She called out in clear black and white "I will look to imposing CGT on multiple property ownership..."

Nevertheless, my greatest concern is the public has short term memories and a large majority believe Jacinda (and the Labour Gov't) did a spectacular job in handing Covid-19. They're not connected to the problems we have as Balance often mentions (Education, Health Care, Media NZ, 3 Waters, all = FAIL). So in return, don' t be surprise if The Labour Party gets close to 50% in this year's election.

Labour government spending stoked inflation.

Should add - prolific and wasteful spending with no long term benefits.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...FI5YN2A4ERZWY/

My Macroeconomics prof in Canada was taught by none-other, Mr Milton Friedman who strongly advocated that inflation is not caused by trade unions, consumers, foreign trade imbalances, etc, but rather, solely caused by the gov't printing presses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F94jGTWNWsA

Now lets see if the Labour voter can understand what he means by that? So much talk about inflation but no one in NZ is asking where does it come from? This is how pathetic the NZ voters are

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    My Macroeconomics prof in Canada was taught by none-other, Mr Milton Friedman who strongly advocated that inflation is not caused by trade unions, consumers, foreign trade imbalances, etc, but rather, solely caused by the gov't printing presses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F94jGTWNWsA

Now lets see if the Labour voter can understand what he means by that? So much talk about inflation but no one in NZ is asking where does it come from? This is how pathetic the NZ voters are
    As one of your pathetic NZ voters I think a large amount of inflation is being caused by sellers increasing prices not because they have to but because they can. As an aside what is so great about Canada?

westerly

Advanced Member

From the article it looks like govt spending added around 2% to the inflation figures, but here's the trade off - And there's always a Trade Off!

The govt wage subsidies which kept people employed, & therefore many businesses afloat & stopped the economy crashing was the government driver of that extra approx 2% to the inflation figure.
    Now no politician from any party has said the govt should not have given the wage subsidy.

For spending to have any impact at all on the inflation figures, you have to be talking about additional spending in the Billions, & that was the Wage subsidy.

Alternatively, ask yourself should the govt have not given the wage subsidy, with the trade off being the economy to collapse, unemployment to skyrocket, people unable to pay their rent, massive increase in Benefits, businesses to fall over, lost tax revenue etc.

Other main contributors towards the inflation figure outside direct govt control were low interest rates, supply chain shortages, war in Ukraine etc.

(Items considered 'wasteful spending' like money spent on the proposed cycle bridge crossing, even added together would be too small to have any impact on the nation's inflation rate ).
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 19-04-2023 at 04:56 PM.