sharetrader
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Will Mr Brierley become the latest 501 deportee from Australia?
    Maximum sentence for his offending is ten years. If he is given a sentence of one year or more, I would say a ticket on Peter Dutton's Flight 501 'flying trashcan' from Australia looks inevitable.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 02-04-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

If we get the unvenerable gent back, hopefully he will spread some conscience money around, perhaps into children's causes.

Seems like he may not be deported. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/why-ro...YTWAX3QKB4MWU/

Legend

Well .. the 83 Y/o must have been a dab hand on the electronic devices .. that's for sure..

but for sizeable collection suggested .. who planted it ? or put it on there ?

If and if the entire real story has even come out .. at all ..

Did the hired help have a major hand in this ?

Most of a similar or younger vintage probably wouldn't know how to even switch a device on ..

Now possession is one thing even if someone else put it there .. not even knowing probably
    it's there even sees legal eagles throwing their hands up & spouting "guilty is easier"
    when caught 'in possession'

Wonder if Old Ron still has most of his marbles or knows what's going on ? .. many at that age
    possibly don't or would have already spent a year or two or far more in their rockers
    contemplating the world passing before them ..
    Last edited by nztx; 02-04-2021 at 09:24 PM. Reason: add more

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    but for sizeable collection suggested .. who planted it ? or put it on there ?

If and if the entire real story has even come out .. at all ..

[snip]

Now possession is one thing even if someone else put it there .. not even knowing probably
    it's there even sees legal eagles throwing their hands up & spouting "guilty is easier"
    when caught 'in possession'
    You raise a good point. I wonder how someone can amass such a quantity of material without external assistance. I'm not defending the man, but I wonder if he was part of a file sharing group but his equipment was not secure and was used by others for storing and / or transferring additional material of which he was not aware. Even the process of transferring files between devices can leave footprints. I imagine such as scenario is possible, but it is still inexcusable nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    You raise a good point. I wonder how someone can amass such a quantity of material without external assistance. I'm not defending the man, but I wonder if he was part of a file sharing group but his equipment was not secure and was used by others for storing and / or transferring additional material of which he was not aware. Even the process of transferring files between devices can leave footprints. I imagine such as scenario is possible, but it is still inexcusable nonetheless.
    Inexcusable?

That's too mild a word to describe what Brierley has pleaded guilty to.

Even 10 images of exploited children, let alone 2 years old, are 10 too many.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Inexcusable?

The word is entirely appropriate.

inexcusable
    adjective
    (of behavior) too bad to be accepted.

Source:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/inexcusable

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    The word is entirely appropriate.

inexcusable
    adjective
    (of behavior) too bad to be accepted.

Source:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/inexcusable
    Absolutely correct. Balances gloating excitement over this issue is in itself obscene . There may still be a twist to this tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Absolutely correct. Balances gloating excitement over this issue is in itself obscene . There may still be a twist to this tale.
    Only in your twisted mind, lola.

You are obviously still busy trying hard to come up with another excuse that Brierley is not guilty?

Advice to you - quit while you still have some credibility & moral decency left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Look here, and this is my last post on this or in fact to you, but that comment is distasteful and ignorant. I ask you, but dont please answer, just think about it : "Have you ever had one of your devices hacked or interferred with by outside parties?"
    Last edited by Balance; 05-04-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Inexcusable?

Even 10 images of exploited children, let alone 2 years old, are 10 too many.
    100% Agree. Hope he gets what's coming to him in jail. The one good thing about the gangs, they sort out the child abusers