sharetrader
Page 384 of 465 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by alundracloud View Post
    This is great Myles- awesome work putting it all together.

Can I get you to double-check the Rewrite graph? (Am I reading it correctly that 0/6610 have defaulted?)

Included in the dataset should be this loan, which although it had 0 successful payments before being re-written, still got classified by Harmoney as a Re-write. So there should be at least 1 on that graph? (It should have been included in the orders.csv uploaded by 'Wilma@Bedrock.Flinstones', yesterday afternoon)

Attachment 10058

**edit**

I've gone and looked at the csv, and it looks as though Harmoney have adjusted the 'Previous Loan Pay-off (re-write) column to N/A, whereas in the Harmoney portal/dashboard under reports, it shows this loan was in fact a re-write. I get the feeling that the re-write info on charged off loans is unreliable, it looks to me as though the re-write info shown in the csv changes once the status goes from in-arrears -> charged off.

Attachment 10059
    I just had a quick look at my defaults in HM reports on the website. Of the last 10 charge-offs, 6 had indicated that they were re-writes but had 0 successful payments and 0 remaining payments. Maybe HM just "zeroize" the re-writes when loans are charge-off. So maybe the conclusion that re-writes are safer investments is not correct after all.

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Early release of basic chart set for comment:

summary.pdf

I'll remove or break this link when the final data set and summary are done.

Looking for comments on the graphs etc. Will probably add to this over time, but this is just to get it out there for some initial comments so I can fix most of what needs fixing before the final data set comes together. Decided on pdf to keep it all together and for ease of viewing.

Notes:
    • The charts are all based on the full set of data (except where stated), which means the default values are watered down a little due to the approx. 9 month gap between when a loan starts and when a default is flagged as having occurred (possibly ~7 months in the past). Do we just want to live with this or make some arbitrary cut off? (or run another set)
    • Some of the earlier loans, I feel, don't reflect the more recent loans i.e. there was some 'dodgy', 'poorly' graded loans in the early days. These will likely be inflating the more 'current' default rates. Should we consider dropping some of the earlier loans out (some are still current)?
    • Perhaps the above two cancel each other out to some extent?
    • Any time based default details is broken due to 'incorrect' use of the 'Last Payment Date' field so some caution needs to be taken around this type of data.
    • Dollar values of loans i.e. 'Outstanding Principal' etc., are of no value, since they are only for the particular portion of the unique loan record in the data set - so it needs to be understood that using these values would result in meaningless detail. (A couple of values like the 'Total Loan Value' can be used - ratios might be okay.)
    • I've limited quite a few data sets to a population of at least 10, just to remove outliers so core detail in charts etc. aren't influenced.
    Thanks Myles for taking so much time and effort in this. Fantastic work indeed!

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    I just had a quick look at my defaults in HM reports on the website. Of the last 10 charge-offs, 6 had indicated that they were re-writes but had 0 successful payments and 0 remaining payments. Maybe HM just "zeroize" the re-writes when loans are charge-off. So maybe the conclusion that re-writes are safer investments is not correct after all.
    It was too good to be true. That's why I asked about it a little while back and when someone indicated that they had only invested in re-writes and had no defaults I wrongly took that as confirmation. Good to know, with confirmation now.

Oh well, looks like this stat can go in the bin, as I can't see how a 'Charged Off' re-write can be differentiated from a 'Charged Off' non re-write...

From what I've read, Harmoney have had a good few Software Developers/Coders influence their interface over time, I'm guessing they had a few hacks go through who don't know the value of data integrity

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    1. Some cohort based data would be helpful or maybe just exclude loans below a certain age eg 12 months. This could be at letter grade level if that helps. 2. Some measure of net return would be of interest though of course with changes in rates and algorithms there will be comparability issues and the time factor would need to be accommodated. Maybe apply to just completed loans? 3. When you say full data set I assume you are not including duplicates.
    1. Next step I think - have to validate the basics first before getting deeper into it.
    2. Would have to think long and hard on this one - details like how much did 'you' invest in the loan, fee rate, tax rate etc. come into it, which this data set does not contain (individual data only - so it would be up to you to do that for your own data).
    3. Yep, I won't be reporting anything on the 'RAW' data (except total records), only the unique loan set is in the charts etc.

yeah, nah

Ignore the 'Investment' chart. It is using one of those value columns that are at individual level which has no meaning in a combined data set (I use this on my loans, but no value here - I'll remove it).

Looking for comments on the graphs etc.

Great effort Myles. Don't understand your last graph though. Perhaps a short explanation would help here, something like HM estimates is roughly on the mark as actual deafults appear to average out at HM estimates etc.
    I think some more information on early repaid by loan grade and protect would be very valuable too. At the moment the aggregate paid off of this data set is 52.6%, but my own data shows Bs repaying much faster than average, and protect loans repaying much slower than average.

default values are watered down a little due to the approx. 9 month gap between when a loan starts and when a default is flagged as having occurred (possibly ~7 months in the past). Do we just want to live with this or make some arbitrary cut off? (or run another set)

Perhaps cutoff at the date of most recent default, to include all chargeoffs regardless of how soon or late they were booked to individual accounts. This will exclude some early repayments but we can live with that, unless you want to produce a full set chart too to compare.

Some of the earlier loans, I feel, don't reflect the more recent loans i.e. there was some 'dodgy', 'poorly' graded loans in the early days. These will likely be inflating the more 'current' default rates. Should we consider dropping some of the earlier loans out (some are still current)?
    Perhaps the above two cancel each other out to some extent?

If I were charting, I'd leave them in as grading evolution as well as application are subjective and will continue to change with time. Even if Harmoney has become smarter at vetting, the economy is still headed out of the Goldilocks zone, so leaving a buffer might not hurt. Charge-offs for this (lean in F, and maybe As) dataset stands at 4.8%, which is in the recent ballpark declared by HM

Dollar values of loans i.e. 'Outstanding Principal' etc., are of no value, since they are only for the particular portion of the unique loan record in the data set - so it needs to be understood that using these values would result in meaningless detail. (A couple of values like the 'Total Loan Value' can be used - ratios might be okay.)

I think this is a progresssion of your earlier idea when you wanted to see how many had invested in a certain loan, to determine desirable loan characteristics in some sort of a covariant analysis. There is merit in aggregating the invested amounts per unique LAI, if this can be done easily. One can just follow the money then, to see what the contributors liked/invested in.

Oh well, looks like this stat can go in the bin, as I can't see how a 'Charged Off' re-write can be differentiated from a 'Charged Off' non re-write... From what I've read, Harmoney have had a good few Software Developers/Coders influence their interface over time, I'm guessing they had a few hacks go through who don't know the value of data integrity

Amen. Well spotted alundracloud and Cool Bear. I also just had a quick look at my defaults in HM reports on the website. Of the last dozen charge-offs, half were re-writes with 0 successful payments and 0 remaining payments. So, HM is wiping off the re-writes in summaries, when loans are charged-off. This brings into question the sanctity of not just their initial listings data, but also the subsequent changes they make to it.
    Last edited by beacon; 12-10-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: rewrite info added

yeah, nah

Just for info: Latest 'Charged Off'/'Debt Sold' loans in data set looks like:

Month|Count
    -----------------

2017-04|22
    2017-05|20
    2017-06|23
    2017-07|16
    2017-08|15
    2017-09|14
    2017-10|8
    2017-11|9
    2017-12|8
    2018-01|3
    2018-02|5
    2018-03|1
    2018-04|1

So the latest one is 6 months old.

yeah, nah

And to help complete the picture these are the 'Paid Off' numbers:

Month|Count
    ---------------

2017-04|364
    2017-05|420
    2017-06|325
    2017-07|310
    2017-08|345
    2017-09|303
    2017-10|295
    2017-11|282
    2017-12|243
    2018-01|263
    2018-02|203
    2018-03|171
    2018-04|73
    2018-05|49
    2018-06|10
    2018-07|9
    2018-08|3
    2018-09|7

So a fair amount of early 'Paid Off' loans would be left out...hmm...

And to help complete the picture these are the 'Paid Off' numbers: ...

Month|Count
    ---------------

2017-04|364
    2017-05|420
    2017-06|325
    2017-07|310
    2017-08|345
    2017-09|303
    2017-10|295
    2017-11|282
    2017-12|243
    2018-01|263
    2018-02|203
    2018-03|171
    2018-04|73
    2018-05|49
    2018-06|10
    2018-07|9
    2018-08|3
    2018-09|7

So a fair amount of early 'Paid Off' loans would be left out...hmm...
    So, if I was worried about default rate being watered down, I'd include data upto April end/date of last default, because I'd want to include that last default for its effect on variate percentages. Cutoff at May end will get me the 50 odd early paid too. I'd definitely start data from the first loan on the books - given substantial numbers for both early repairs and defaults.

And I'd do the same for the separate PP dataset beginning from the date of the first PP loan.

When you quote default rates, are these %'s by loan numbers or $ values ?