sharetrader
Page 132 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 32821221281291301311321331341351361421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Range is only a problem if you need it - I wonder how many kms the average car does in the average day?
    I suspect not enough to challenge the range of an EV.
    Face it dobby41, there isn't anywhere near enough charging capacity to meet the need of a rapid change to EVs. And probably not enough generation capacity either.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Face it dobby41, there isn't anywhere near enough charging capacity to meet the need of a rapid change to EVs. And probably not enough generation capacity either.
    You might be surprised to learn that drivers of petrol cars still in the early 1920ķes still had to find a pharmacy (which used and sold the stuff in small amounts as cleaning agent) if they wanted to re-fill.

Mid of the 20ķes did the major US cities have already a pretty well working petrol station network - and yes, many operators of horse relays stations did convert to selling petrol and the drugstores could refocus again on the medical needs of their clients ..

Are you saying that our petrol stations are less agile than the horse relay stations 100 years ago?

And yes, I am sure we are able as well to produce the required electricity : Didn't Tiwai point plan to go anyway? Lucky us we found a new taker for all this power, isn't it?

No worries ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

The usual problem - I think our server does not need more intelligence, but more speed :

Duplicate removed.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-06-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Chances are dobbys not about to face anything related to reality.
    Wokeism is in full flight, facts don't matter, you do not need to look any further his leaders exadurations to understand the agenda.

Advanced Member

No offence intended but reminds me slightly of the scepticism towards the first automobiles replacing the horse. " What's the matter with you...you're crazy if you ever think this fool contraption will replace the horse," said the banker to one of America's earliest & most famous auto makers. And when he went to Goodrich the bicycle tyre maker to ask them to make something bigger than their biggest bicycle tyre, met with similar scepticism, well we can make it but you'll have to pay for the moulds because there won't be a call for tyres for horseless carriages.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    No offence intended but reminds me slightly of the scepticism towards the first automobiles replacing the horse. " What's the matter with you...you're crazy if you ever think this fool contraption will replace the horse," said the banker to one of America's earliest & most famous auto makers. And when he went to Goodrich the bicycle tyre maker to ask them to make something bigger than their biggest bicycle tyre, met with similar scepticism, well we can make it but you'll have to pay for the moulds because there won't be a call for tyres for horseless carriages.
    Except I'm not trying to claim EVs won't replace internal combustion. I'm just saying we aren't in a position to do it quickly. Personally I think in 10 years time it will be hydrogen that is driving the discussion.

Guru

Well, well, well, Labour's hypocrisy around dodgy fundraising exposed.

https://mailchi.mp/democracyproject/...s?e=89627acd5b

Rob Salmond uses Prostitutional imagery against the Nats and then jumps into bed himself. Both as grubby as each other....only it's Labour posing to have the high ground.

Advanced Member

Except I'm not trying to claim EVs won't replace internal combustion. I'm just saying we aren't in a position to do it quickly. Personally I think in 10 years time it will be hydrogen that is driving the discussion.

Yes fair call, you made valid points & agree with you about hydrogen showing promise for future.

Guru

Further to the trans issues aired earlier, I reckon this clip sums up the stupidity and unfairness of biological men competing in biological women's sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ-bO2GFJdg

Particularly enlightening was the comment that around approx 300 boys in high school in the US could beat the world's fastest woman over 400m. The quotes from the NZ physiology professor should be noted as well.

Are we at Peak Stupid yet? Not if the woke mob have their way.

Further to the trans issues aired earlier, I reckon this clip sums up the stupidity and unfairness of biological men competing in biological women's sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ-bO2GFJdg

Particularly enlightening was the comment that around approx 300 boys in high school in the US could beat the world's fastest woman over 400m. The quotes from the NZ physiology professor should be noted as well.

Are we at Peak Stupid yet? Not if the woke mob have their way.
    The depths of stupidity wokeism delivers is almost beyond comprehension.
    It is shaking my confidence in mankind's intellect, thats for real.