sharetrader
Page 28 of 212 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Great start to the year for Serko. With their expansion into international markets, and all their growing revenue streams, there is a lot of potential growth going forward. As they continue to onboard customers they also increase their content bookings, so there should be real acceleration of revenue going forward.

I just hope they don't get acquired too early, they must be on the radar of some companies, especially as they already dominate the Australasian market.

This stock has performed very well recently and I rode a portion of that myself. They seem to have turned the business around and show promise and have the usual great potential of a good technology company. However, I am having difficulty understanding how Serko is very different from Concur. https://www.concur.com/ , which seems to me to be the Intuit of this market. I would appreciate hearing the view of those with better understanding of the business, than mine. Thanks in advance.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    FOMO made me put my paw up for some this morning. TA looks lovely too, fundamental's who cares lol . My new years punt. Stuck another paw up for some Eroad..so making that a bob or three each way. Reckon one of those two horses should be a winner this year, might even get a quinella if I'm lucky....and if all else fails PPH probably double anyway and bail me out of the doggy doo.

Probably just gross recklessness and the silly hound is drunk on excess profits from 2017...should do something sensible with it and go waste it on a new car rather than punt on silly tech companies with no real fundamental's...but HOPE is a strategy right ? so you never know I might get lucky again.
    Think our timing sucked with this one Mr Beagle I am well underwater today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    The ultimate challenge, trying to time a perfect entry point, the point where the SP NEVER drops below your buy in price. PS-I reckon this one run ahead of itself anyways.
    Last edited by couta1; 12-01-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The ultimate challenge, trying to time a perfect entry point, the point where the SP NEVER drops below your buy in price. PS-I reckon this one run ahead of itself anyways.

Forecast ebitda 1.3M$ March 2018 . Market cap $162M . Yes I agree it has run ahead of itself.I think Plexure would be a better punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Forecast ebitda 1.3M$ March 2018 . Market cap $162M . Yes I agree it has run ahead of itself.I think Plexure would be a better punt.
    Disagree.

If you like Plexure, you should like Snakk even more.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    This one making real money unlike some other more speculative investments.
    http://www.serko.com/news-blog/serko...f-year-period/
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-01-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Disagree.

If you like Plexure, you should like Snakk even more.
    Two different animals. I never understood what Snakk actually did apart from possibly being an advertising agency and also the Handly factor is a distinct negative.

Plexure have disappointed the punters in the past but a new CEO and with the cash burn ending the optimist in me tells me it will be different this time.

I probably should have emphasised the word punt. At this stage of the game both Plexure and Serko are exactly that and any money on these is money a punter should afford to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Two different animals. I never understood what Snakk actually did apart from possibly being an advertising agency and also the Handly factor is a distinct negative.

Plexure have disappointed the punters in the past but a new CEO and with the cash burn ending the optimist in me tells me it will be different this time.

I probably should have emphasised the word punt. At this stage of the game both Plexure and Serko are exactly that and any money on these is money a punter should afford to lose.
    Serko and Plexure are at totally different end of the investment spectrum!

Plexure is a backdoor job with minimal disclosures and with money already made by the promoters and original shareholders selling out as fast as they can.

No need to assess any further.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-01-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Great start to the year for Serko. With their expansion into international markets, and all their growing revenue streams, there is a lot of potential growth going forward. As they continue to onboard customers they also increase their content bookings, so there should be real acceleration of revenue going forward.

I just hope they don't get acquired too early, they must be on the radar of some companies, especially as they already dominate the Australasian market.
    Well that was a brutal 48 hours! Gulp