sharetrader
Page 153 of 324 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3233
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Wow, pretty significant shift in price. Maybe it will get out of the doldrums and resume the uptrend.

I sometimes wish I had bought these when I was younger, but I was young and did not listen.

Kitai - the Snow Leopard Cub
    First time I have heard Snow Leopards get Distemper !
    I thought only dogs get that?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    I wish all my other stocks would get in the doldrums if that means a 52 week increase of over 30%!
    It has been a year of two halves for FPH:
    22-Jan-20 >> 22-Jul-20 +59.0%
    22-Jul-20 >> 22-Jan-21 -2.5%

But it is not a buy because:

(All together now on the count of three)

It is over-priced!

Have a good weekend.
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 22-01-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    om mani peme hum

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    First time I have heard Snow Leopards get Distemper !
    I thought only dogs get that?
    Cats have their own special kind:

Feline Panleukopenia Virus
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    It has been a year of two halves for FPH:
    22-Jan-20 >> 22-Jul-20 +59.0%
    22-Jul-20 >> 22-Jan-21 -2.5%

But it is not a buy because:

(All together now on the count of three)

It is over-priced!

Have a good weekend.
    Still can run a bit more IMO. Last year hit P/E in the low 60s on the hype and now we have had an upgrade.
    Current P/E 51.5.

$41+ brings us back to a 60 P/E (on historical eps)

What's an appropriate P/E for FPH? I haven't a clue.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Still can run a bit more IMO. Last year hit P/E in the low 60s on the hype and now we have had an upgrade.
    Current P/E 51.5.

$41+ brings us back to a 60 P/E (on historical eps)

What's an appropriate P/E for FPH? I haven't a clue.
    World over healthcare stocks trade around 45-50 historic P/E ...its at present at 51 but if u account its coming results of 500 mil NP which gives it eps of 0.87 which translates to p/e of 40 only ....but as market thinks its just one off Covid boost so it is reluctant to rerate it to 40+ levels of SP .

But now more and more analysts are realising that Covid benefit to FPH is not one off but long term and it will help the company do better growth ahead so it will be ready to take it higher ...near future 40-43 levels possible like u said

Jarden has 478 mil NP forecast for FY21 . Also company has just made a statement that its doing well , they have not yet officially upgraded the guidance , which IMO will come when it becomes requirement as per NZX rule , mid Feb , it will include real numbers
    Last edited by alokdhir; 22-01-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Outside thinking.

After a good sleep and some reflection I must say there are aspects of yesterdays FPH trading update that strike me as unusual.

1.) The announcement was not flagged as SP 'sensitive'.
    2.) The announcement boasted some healthy progress, eg Operating revenue for the nine months ended 31 December 2020 up 73%.
    Hospital product group, operating revenue up 113%. Hospital hardware up 446% and hospital consumables up
    54%,
    3.) Yet despite 9 months trading, FPH then says, "we have no basis on which to provide formal guidance to results for the full 2021 financial year."

Crikey, I would have thought the key role of Managers/Directors is to provide guidance, yet this team seem to be walking away from this responsibility?

Strange.

Guru

was a buy back in april or somewhere abouts..

Price Sensitive yes, but with the PE where it is it may have little effect... Its the bottom line that counts and increase in DIV;s that drive prices..

absolutely breath taking statement but it may be they are worried about US dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    After a good sleep and some reflection I must say there are aspects of yesterdays FPH trading update that strike me as unusual.

1.) The announcement was not flagged as SP 'sensitive'.
    2.) The announcement boasted some healthy progress, eg Operating revenue for the nine months ended 31 December 2020 up 73%.
    Hospital product group, operating revenue up 113%. Hospital hardware up 446% and hospital consumables up
    54%,
    3.) Yet despite 9 months trading, FPH then says, "we have no basis on which to provide formal guidance to results for the full 2021 financial year."

Crikey, I would have thought the key role of Managers/Directors is to provide guidance, yet this team seem to be walking away from this responsibility?

Strange.
    Leftie, I don’t think the update was really aimed at the likes of us - rather it was put out as a hint for analysts to get into gear and update their models.

Obviously FY profit going to be heaps more than $400m (what they said in November) and probably a hint to analysts that consensus forecast of $480m is too low

Whatever - I sort of agree with them that with all the variability taking a guess isn’t a good idea.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Thanks Winner. Guess you are right, though with 9 months in the bag you would think they could give a reasonably accurate guidance range.

Still, as long as FPH keeps surprising on the upside, us punters should be grateful.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Thanks Winner. Guess you are right, though with 9 months in the bag you would think they could give a reasonably accurate guidance range.

Still, as long as FPH keeps surprising on the upside, us punters should be grateful.
    I had already pointed this out in my earlier post that this is not classed as price sensitive info as they have not done anything to old guide numbers as yet as its not yet requirement of NZX rules ...though they said very clearly we will be doing much better then earlier told ...how much better will come in mid feb as then it will become requirement to inform the NZX ...5% over last guide when confirmed in writing to company then it needs to inform NZX ASAP . After they book Jan sales it will become more then that and then that updated guidance will come and it will be price sensitive information flagged .
    This was as pointed by W69 general market update to get people on the right track .

Again I ponder ATM revised their guide 2 weeks before HY end on 18th Dec and still technically they did nothing wrong when in mid Nov they were claiming all working as per previous guidance . Similarly FPH didn't need to bring this update but they provided . But by mid Feb guidance update will become requirement .
    Maybe again in March middle if they remain too conservative in Feb upgrade .

I still will prefer quarterly results but not chasing targets ...quarterly updates maybe