sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    When did he confirm this?

Why did the Chairman himself not confirm this?

Why did the reporter not retract?

This is price sensitive information - remember the Chairman sold shares after he made the comments or if you prefer, was reported as saying that.
    The second and third questions are not for me to answer. You are an active shareholder though so I presume you have in fact had the necessary correspondence to find out for yourself. If not, I suggest you do. At the same time you could also make some recommendations to them about what you feel they did wrong and how they should have rectified the situation.

I would be surprised if you have not already done so though and hence you would already have the answer to Q1.

In terms of my comment above, I'm not saying that this is was not another complete balls up by PEB, but those that actively pursued clarification on the matter know the company has said this statement was never made. Hence my point, there is no point analysing the contents of a statement PEB denies was ever made - you will likely draw very inaccurate inference if you do!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    So much wailing and gnashing of teeth; so many conspiracy theories, so much spite and vindictiveness, so many long held grudges etc. some of you should be writing for Shortland Street or Home and Away.

Disclaimer, this post was not directed at any person what-so-ever and the sole intent was my own personal amusement.
    My memory is not as short as some on this thread--I remember some of those posts you made just after the announcement, Hancock.
    Lets hope it doesnt come down to that again.

You guys can talk about the unimportance of sales till the cows come home-but at this point in time--the Market will not tolerate another bad report.
    Im not predicting thats what will happen--my point is that some are assuming that the market will agree with that view about the unimportance of sales ..............I dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by twotic View Post
    The second and third questions are not for me to answer. You are an active shareholder though so I presume you have in fact had the necessary correspondence to find out for yourself. If not, I suggest you do. At the same time you could also make some recommendations to them about what you feel they did wrong and how they should have rectified the situation.

I would be surprised if you have not already done so though and hence you would already have the answer to Q1.

In terms of my comment above, I'm not saying that this is was not another complete balls up by PEB, but those that actively pursued clarification on the matter know the company has said this statement was never made. Hence my point, there is no point analysing the contents of a statement PEB denies was ever made - you will likely draw very inaccurate inference if you do!
    This is indicative of a company which uses hype - happy to let misinformation be out there when it suits.

Anyway, it will not go away.

This is indicative of a company which uses hype - happy to let misinformation be out there when it suits.

Anyway, it will not go away.
    That may well be the case, so I agree with what you are saying.

That being said, quoting a statement that the company denies was ever made, and then drawing conclusions from it is not helpful, and in itself misleading.

Guru

Just to be clear, David Darling has confirmed that Swann NEVER made that comment. As a result, what is the point analysing a comment that wasn't made?

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/2...-edge-business

note paragraph 19

That may well be the case, so I agree with what you are saying.

That being said, quoting a statement that the company denies was ever made, and then drawing conclusions from it is not helpful, and in itself misleading.
    Company has NOT denied it was ever made.

Please reference.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    The comment was never corrected, sp moved from $1.29 to over $1.70 in January 2014 following that article and and DD and CS both sold shares after that.

If they are honorable men, they would have corrected that article before selling.

Company has NOT denied it was ever made.

Please reference.

Thx
    I can't believe an active shareholder such as yourself has not followed up on this.

Anyone who emailed the company for clarification on this matter received the same reply - "Thank you for your email. That is not a statement made by Chris Swann." If you don't believe me I urge you find out for yourself.

I can't believe an active shareholder such as yourself has not followed up on this.

Anyone who emailed the company for clarification on this matter received the same reply - "Thank you for your email. That is not a statement made by Chris Swann." If you don't believe me I urge you find out for yourself.
    Not good enough.

The comment was never corrected, sp moved from $1.29 to over $1.70 in January 2014 following that article and and DD and CS both sold shares after that.

If they are honorable men, they would have corrected that article before selling.

Not good enough.

We are arguing different points Balance and I think you know it (so this will be my last post on the matter as the conversation is starting to get redundant).

The point I am making is that quoting a statement that PEB has stated wasn't made, and drawing conclusions from that statement, could easily lead to inaccurate inference, and is misleading to do so. You seem like a smart enough chap so I believe you actually agree with me on that point - however you will not admit to it.

I am however a rationale chap, and also not afraid to agree with you on some of your points. Yes, I believe they should have corrected that as soon as they realised an error had been made. And yes I think it is questionable that they sold shares during that time. None of that affects the point I am making though!

OK enough said on that matter - enjoy your day everyone and good luck with the announcement tomorrow!