sharetrader
Page 201 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1011511911971981992002012022032042052112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    To be fair, the slogan Labour possibly borrowed from an over 80’s exercise group “Let’s Keep Moving” doesn’t commit to a fast speed or any particular direction for travel. So it could be around in circles
    https://www.labour.org.nz/

You can join Labour and join their movement. Maybe there will be a movement each day?
    For sure there motion each day in the Labour ranks - they are so full of BS. That movement is necessary! Even they can hold only so much of it.
    Last edited by Balance; 31-07-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Think about the hundreds of people waiting in the queue for hours to get their jabs - time is money.
    'Queue for hours'? There was a 1 hr delay which was caught up by 3pm.
    And today all went well.
    Not that I'd expect you to appreciate that - you only look for the negative.
    About time you took another break - you are getting unbalanced again.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    'Queue for hours'? There was a 1 hr delay which was caught up by 3pm.
    And today all went well.
    Not that I'd expect you to appreciate that - you only look for the negative.
    About time you took another break - you are getting unbalanced again.
    According to the organisers - that’s what you choose to believe. We know the track record of the vaccine program - misinformation and straight out lies.

Months to prepare for the event and they still stuffed it up - scrambling to get people to join the vaccination, missed by a country mile the intended Maori & Pacific Island community groups targeted and then, on the day - shambles until it was sorted out late in the afternoon.

Bluntly, dobby41, this government has so very successfully indoctrinate you (& a big portion of the public) to accept & not question failures and substandard performance from them. Kiwibuild is of course the best example of how bad it really is.

I know who I prefer to believe.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-08-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Guru

According to the organisers - that’s what you choose to believe. We know the track record of the vaccine program - misinformation and straight out lies.

Months to prepare for the event and they still stuffed it up - scrambling to get people to join the vaccination, missed by a country mile the intended Maori & Pacific Island community groups targeted and then, on the day - shambles until it was sorted out late in the afternoon.

Bluntly, dobby41, this government has so very successfully indoctrinate you (& a big portion of the public) to accept & not question failures and substandard performance from them. Kiwibuild is of course the best example of how bad it really is.

I know who I prefer to believe.
    Actually, in the end, it was too successful.
    The delays that built up at the start were due to people arriving way too early - they were too keen.
    You don't believe that the delays were sorted by 3pm and I wouldn't expect you to - you would only believe something very negative.
    I'm sure this has been a huge learning exercise and will make future events even more successful.

You are so opposed to the current Govt that you choose to believe your negative view in spite of any contrary evidence.
    Bluntly, Balance, you are unbalanced again.

Many, myself included, do question this Govt but we are just not as rabidly opposed as you.
    Maybe we should have followed Aussie (more deaths recently), or Taiwan (1.6% vaccinated and a big spurt of deaths recently)?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Actually, in the end, it was too successful.
    The delays that built up at the start were due to people arriving way too early - they were too keen.
    You don't believe that the delays were sorted by 3pm and I wouldn't expect you to - you would only believe something very negative.
    I'm sure this has been a huge learning exercise and will make future events even more successful.

You are so opposed to the current Govt that you choose to believe your negative view in spite of any contrary evidence.
    Bluntly, Balance, you are unbalanced again.

Many, myself included, do question this Govt but we are just not as rabidly opposed as you.
    Maybe we should have followed Aussie (more deaths recently), or Taiwan (1.6% vaccinated and a big spurt of deaths recently)?
    The indoctrination obviously works!

Vaccine availability & program - front of the queue to last of the queue. But it's now reset and it's okay - because Cindy says so.

10,000 new homes a year from Kiwibuild but scrapped because less than 1,000 was built in the first 3 years! So it's a reset and it's okay - because they are learning!

You choose to swallow BS and BS you become, dobby41. Enjoy.

Guru

I see big news today that Cynical Cindy is going to apologise for the ‘Dawn Raids’ - which started under the Norman Kirk government and targeted illegal overstayers.
    The ‘apology for the Dawn Raids’ was reported with banner headlines a few weeks ago, along with much fanfare and hoopla.
    So is this a monthly thing now? Every month the government apologises for the ‘Dawn Raids’?

Guru

————————

The family members of the first Pacific people to be Dawn raided covered Jacinda Ardern in mats, and as a gesture of forgiveness have hugged her and welcomed her with open arms.

Audio recorded from the Dawn Raids is being played. Dogs are barking, babies are crying, doors are being knocked on. The soundtrack is called the Forgiveness Ceremony.

24 minutes ago
    Tears are flowing freely from many at Town Hall.
    The prime minister is covered in traditional mats as the sounds of a wailing woman is heard and the ocean is heard.

37 minutes ago
    Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has arrived at the Auckland Town Hall.
    War chants and cries can be heard throughout the hall. It’s a big day for the Pasifika community.
    Emotions are high, some guests are wiping away tears as the Cook Island drums are beaten. It’s taken almost 50 years for this day to arrive.

———————

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I see big news today that Cynical Cindy is going to apologise for the ‘Dawn Raids’ - which started under the Norman Kirk government and targeted illegal overstayers.
    The ‘apology for the Dawn Raids’ was reported with banner headlines a few weeks ago, along with much fanfare and hoopla.
    So is this a monthly thing now? Every month the government apologises for the ‘Dawn Raids’?
    That is old news - signalled a month or 3 back. Where have you been?
    Yip - started under Kirk but then stopped.
    Muldoon did the usual National thing of campaigning on being hard on this, that or the other and when they won at the end of '74.
    The following year Nat went harder on the 'dawn raids'. It targeted illegal overstayers of certain ethnicities (not all overstayers) as brown skins were easier to differentiate than the rest.
    A shameful time for NZ really.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...asifika-people

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    NZ was a very different place in the dark days of the 70s snd 80s.

Who can forget the police not only closing both eyes to the brutalising of the Springbok tour protestors by racist tour supporters, and then joining in the brutalisation themselves when the protestors managed to stop one game from going ahead.

Sadly for NZ, the reputation of the police has never recovered from their behaviour & conduct during the tour.

So can we expect an apology soon from the government for the actions of the police then?

Guess it comes down to whether Cindy and the Labour incompetents see if there are votes in it for them.

Guru

Sadly for NZ, the reputation of the police has never recovered from their behaviour & conduct during the tour.
    What absolute rubbish. You dream up a lot of the proverbial.