Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    VGL 6 months FY20 results out today. Not pretty IMO. Link Here. (Disc - No longer held)

• Revenue down 34% to $44.8m
    • EBITDA loss of $6.5m, including non-cash expected credit loss and credit risk provisions of $7.6m
    • Loss before tax of $47.9m, including non-cash impairment charges and credit provisions $36.1m

Not good at all.I think the big question is how long will the recovery take,if it has one

Cash Balance is good.

CASH BALANCE for 2020 is: 96M which is 287% increased from 2019 : 24.8M.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Cash Balance is good.

They did a capital raise earlier of $62.5m. At that time they had $40m in cash, so they are burning some. Maybe 4-5m a month?
    Last edited by wilba; 27-08-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Cash Balance is good.

Also operational cash flow was a healthy $16.7m, even if you subtract the included covid 19 related $7.4m is still nearly $2m up on the pcp.

Given the fact most of cinemas around the world are shut in the first half, revenue only down 34% is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Also operational cash flow was a healthy $16.7m, even if you subtract the included covid 19 related $7.4m is still nearly $2m up on the pcp.
    With the covid situation , for my thinking , I draw a line from 2019 and 2020. I compare VGL with other business on NZX at the moment and I see there are lots more businesses are suffered then I go back to compare their share's prices and assets.
    You do the math.
    Also VGL has strong support from investors.
    Last edited by tomm; 27-08-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Very good result. Especially the cash position and cashflow. That's all that matter. They will survive and then boom once cinemas reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Very good result. Especially the cash position and cashflow. That's all that matter. They will survive and then boom once cinemas reopen.
    Ya, I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    I wouldn’t go so far as to say they will boom when theatres re open. Disney might prefer to release exclusively on Disney+ and Amazon and YouTube are also trying to buy movies to release direct to streaming instead of to theatres. Amazon and google have the $$$ to make it happen.

Disc; still holding and hoping but honestly think the world of theatre going is not going to the same again. It will bounce back to some extent in 2 to 3 years but I just think that more and more people have home theatres and are going to get used to streaming new releases at home. I think there will be more direct to streaming releases and less releases to theatres. Off the top of my head I can think of three friends who have proper home theatre setups with proper movie theatre chairs and a large wall to project movies on

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I wouldn’t go so far as to say they will boom when theatres re open. Disney might prefer to release exclusively on Disney+ and Amazon and YouTube are also trying to buy movies to release direct to streaming instead of to theatres. Amazon and google have the $$$ to make it happen.

Disc; still holding and hoping but honestly think the world of theatre going is not going to the same again. It will bounce back to some extent in 2 to 3 years but I just think that more and more people have home theatres and are going to get used to streaming new releases at home. I think there will be more direct to streaming releases and less releases to theatres. Off the top of my head I can think of three friends who have proper home theatre setups with proper movie theatre chairs and a large wall to project movies on
    Yes you are right, at least as far as the western world goes. But don't forget about the big Asian market, China and India. Most of the middle class in those countries will not have a home theatre and their preferred method of watching movies would be at the cinemas.