sharetrader
Page 43 of 697 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bill English resigns and to leave Parliament

Did great and honorable service over many years. Pity he got a few hospital passes along the way but that’s politics.

Hope future is good to you.
    He can leave with his head held high. Did a great job to secure as many votes as National did. You cant put Winstons warped thinking on his shoulders. Only hope now is Gerry Brownlee does the same. (and that Judith Collins gets no where near the top job)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The next National leader likely to fall? Not English, but his deputy with Bill being allowed to choose his exit point.
    He has chosen his exit.Done the best thing for his party to renew. Used the "family" card as one main reason, yeah right. Going in good humour i admire that. Legacy, none.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    He can leave with his head held high. Did a great job to secure as many votes as National did. You cant put Winstons warped thinking on his shoulders. Only hope now is Gerry Brownlee does the same. (and that Judith Collins gets no where near the top job)
    Ditto re Collins.

Advanced Member

I keep hearing it said that Ms Collins is polarising. A few comments above that appear to agree with that. But why? She is popular in her electorate. The Oravida issue must surely be fading into the mists of time. She has forceful opinions on some subjects, but politicians should.

Why do some hate her so much. Genuine question.

Legend

Will Paula "Hyperbowl" Bennett stay as deputy leader of the opposition? Please leave her there..

Simon Bridges could be the main contender for leader, he seems to have good connections for funding. And they all know the rule that funding equates to votes in an election.

IMO

Yes keep her there lol.I was also hoping Bill would limp on a while but he's seen the juicy jobs JK has got. I think Bridges too, although he may be thinking ahead, maybe a caretaker PM and Bridges play for leadership after they lose the next election. But no he is a driven man, to be the top of their heap.

IMO

Legend

Yes keep her there lol.I was also hoping Bill would limp on a while but he's seen the juicy jobs JK has got. I think Bridges too, although he may be thinking ahead, maybe a caretaker PM and Bridges play for leadership after they lose the next election. But no he is a driven man, to be the top of their heap.
    Let's face it, Bridges doesn't have too much competition. In the cold light of day it's hard to get excited about Collins, Brownlee, Bennett, Nick Smith, Coleman, and Joyce.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Let's face it, Bridges doesn't have too much competition. In the cold light of day it's hard to get excited about Collins, Brownlee, Bennett, Nick Smith, Coleman, and Joyce.
    Not sure what point you´re making there EZ. None of the people you name, except maybe Collins, will be standing. I think we may see Mark Mitchell stand with Amy Adams or Nikki Kaye as a Deputy

Dilettante

Funny that Sir John did indeed get lots of juicy jobs, but not the ones lefties on this forum were predicting last term, with constant suggestions he was setting himself up as an Ambassador or High Commissioner.. How wrong was that, but lefties can´t think of anything other than ex politicians staying on the Government´s or Governmental organisation´s payroll. Michael Cullen, Helen Clarke, now Peter Hodgson etc etc etc. The list is endless.
    They struggle to find jobs in the private sector