sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party to you intend to give your PARTY vote to?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

8 19.51%
  • Labour

2 4.88%
  • ACT

18 43.90%
  • The Greens

0 0%
  • Te Pāti Māori

1 2.44%
  • NZF

5 12.20%

6 14.63%
  • Another party

0 0%
  • Still undecided

0 0%
  • Not voting

1 2.44%

Hybrid View

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Indexing Benefits to inflation rather than wages is projected to save the govt $2 Billion over 5 years as inflation comes down while wages go up ahead of inflation.
    National plan to transfer that to landlords with policy adjustments which will cost $2 Billion in the form of bringing back tax deductibility on rentals giving the 300 landlords who own more than 20 properties $1.3 Million each & others with fewer properties the balance of the $2 Billion.

Beneficiaries will be $17,000 worse off over 5 years & Superannuanants (who are also classified as Beneficiaries under the Act ) were given an exclusion as they nearly all vote & are a core constituency of the National Party, whereas far fewer other beneficiaries vote.
    Are you suggesting that Super annuitants will support legislation as long as it only affects others adversely but not themselves?

If National were doing this to cut costs and felt it was the right thing to do surely as national superannuation makes up more than 50% of the welfare budget they would include it as that would save a further $2billion.

You had best be careful as it sounds like you are suggesting one class of beneficiary voting for National are effectively shi**ing on other beneficiaries that doesn't sound right.

I guess the 300 landlords of which you speak will create jobs and growth for NZ with the extra $2billion they keep. I know Chris Luxon will be happy. I wonder if any of the 300 landlords are receiving national superannuation as well?? That wouldn't seem right would it?
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-10-2023 at 01:25 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Are you suggesting that Super annuitants will support legislation as long as it only affects others adversely but not themselves?

If National were doing this to cut costs and felt it was the right thing to do surely as national superannuation makes up more than 50% of the welfare budget they would include it as that would save a further $2billion.

You had best be careful as it sounds like you are suggesting one class of beneficiary voting for National are effectively shi**ing on other beneficiaries that doesn't sound right.

I guess the 300 landlords of which you speak will create jobs and growth for NZ with the extra $2billion they keep. I know Chris Luxon will be happy. I wonder if any of the 300 landlords are receiving national superannuation as well?? That wouldn't seem right would it?

National like Labour & Act & other parties are all in a desperate race for power. Do you really think National are going to risk shafting one of their core constituencies Super annuitants by making them $17,000 worse off than if they voted for Labour, days out from the election ?

Why else do you think they have been carved out from other beneficiaries & given special treatment?

Landlords don't create new jobs or growth in any meaningful way. Houses still need maintenance etc regardless if owned by landlords or home owners.
    I would far rather see billions invested in innovative & successful NZ companies esp those providing export receipts, & people growing their wealth through the sharemarket than the current obsession with property.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    National like Labour & Act & other parties are all in a desperate race for power. Do you really think National are going to risk shafting one of their core constituencies Super annuitants by making them $17,000 worse off than if they voted for Labour, days out from the election ?

Why else do you think they have been carved out from other beneficiaries & given special treatment?

Landlords don't create new jobs or growth in any meaningful way. Houses still need maintenance etc regardless if owned by landlords or home owners.
    I would far rather see billions invested in innovative & successful NZ companies esp those providing export receipts, & people growing their wealth through the sharemarket than the current obsession with property.
    So I guess it is just Chris Luxon and National sticking it to the bottom feeders with the support of 37% of the country. Policy we can really be proud of as a nation.

Mind you look at rents and house prices to income under Labour, with Chippy ruling out a capital gains tax you suspect he is happy sticking it to the bottom feeders as well or totally incompetent.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...1ba423595&ei=9
    Last edited by Aaron; 12-10-2023 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Deleted something I don't really believe