sharetrader
Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Agree Birmanboy, I thought the days of it being this low were gone. Understand its had a pretty rough year and initial merger teething is sure to be happening but this is a solid company. Wish I had some spare change... damn opportunities they always present themselves all at the same time.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Some good buying to be had here...hasn't been this low for a long time. Don't really see any major change or reason for it but thankful for the opportunity to add some more to the portfolio.
    Certainly great buying compared with buying on January 21st this year.Today you get 37% more shares for your money.!! Yeah right.!!
    Jan 21st SP was $3.10. Today $2.25. SP has fallen 27.42%.
    There appears to be a problem with this company !!! Big problem?
    Last edited by percy; 24-10-2013 at 07:00 AM.

So when was the SP designated as a true measure of a companies worth....LOL Some people see problems with every nuance in a share price...others see opportunities...Completely up to the individual. All I see is an increase in my dividend yield %. Believe what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Certainly great buying compared with buying on January 21st this year.Today you get 37% more shares for your money.!! Yeah right.!!
    Jan 21st SP was $3.10. Today $2.25. SP has fallen 27.42%.
    There appears to be a problem with this company !!! Big problem?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I think it went over $3 after the Farmside acquisition was announced and speculation the dividend will increase from the 20c/yr it's been paying the past 7yrs. But when Farmside turned out to be a bit of a flop, share price has come back to earth.

Even the managing director confessed there wasn't going to be much growth in the annual meeting and TTK is just a dividend stock.
    So what does all of this mean for you guys – well don't expect any hockey stick growth curve or any massive increase in customer numbers but what you can expect is for us to keep pumping out those dividends in much the same way as we have over the last 10 years – thank you.
    I suppose current share price is reflecting the dividend is staying put for the time being.
    Still a good stock to hold I reckon if it sticks to 20c/yr dividend, 12% yield at current prices.
    Last edited by JayRiggs; 24-10-2013 at 10:21 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    So when was the SP designated as a true measure of a companies worth....LOL Some people see problems with every nuance in a share price...others see opportunities...Completely up to the individual. All I see is an increase in my dividend yield %. Believe what you want.
    I prefer growing companies,who are more likely to pay increasing dividends.
    Dividend growth will then drive the SP.So you end up with capital growth as well as increasing dividends.To focus on one or the other does not appeal to me.

IMO

Like meridian heehee

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Like meridian heehee
    Yes,exactly.
    I expect earnings growth from increasing prices of all forms of energy.
    Hopefully we will get the best of all worlds.Huge growing dividends and increase in SP.

IMO

I have NO expectations of that happening and have not invested for that reason but it sure would be a nice bonus. No impediments to a good listing now with the cap irrelevant and Instos scaled back.My broker says it is the first time in his exp that a firm allocation has been scaled !!. So chocks away; hopefully. Just hope the rain keeps falling down that way. MRP has had a very dry spell with the Waikato catchment until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    I suppose current share price is reflecting the dividend is staying put for the time being.
    Still a good stock to hold I reckon if it sticks to 20c/yr dividend, 12% yield at current prices.
    Sold mine at a loss on Monday and put the $ into PEB. Much better outcome than hanging on for 12% divvie.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Sold mine at a loss on Monday and put the $ into PEB. Much better outcome than hanging on for 12% divvie.
    Well done! Wish I had the time to trade like you trading folks.
    I don't hold TTK, but I have TEL, which also has a nice yield