sharetrader
Page 100 of 129 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1287
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    That's different. It is common knowledge that in this day and age, a lot of what our devices do to "assist" us, requires collection of our browsing data etc. If we want to use Siri for example, we need to allow access to certain things. We can very easily turn that stuff off however.

My sister is talking about governments - yep, even ours - having hidden agendas, and eavesdropping on every conversation we have - even when our phones are turned off. Yeah right. It boggles my mind how so many people right now, have crazy ideas about secret agendas, humans being controlled by governments blah blah blah. It is bull****. Unless perhaps you live in Russia or China, but even then, I have my doubts.

Life is too short for these conspiracy theories. We have enough stress in our lives without buying into that crap.
    Your phone is an internet-connected microphone and camera(s). There have been a number of hacks that utilize those things, and some of those hacks have been by governments or government agencies. This also applies to non-phone devices with similar capabilities. Re "off" for various devices, there are differing types of "off", some of which have internet access and full capability either from the outset or after a received command.
    Last edited by Azz; 18-09-2023 at 07:19 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElSdPYQFHHE

DAVID SEYMOUR on the VALUES we should have as KIWI's..

David Seymour in this interview says “Well first of all I think in terms of values for the country we need to start being a lot clearer about first of all there is an objective reality and there is universal humanity there's not different world views. There's one world and we're all part of it and we're all humans and we're all equally part of it.”

I don’t think there is much objective reality. Yes, physical objects such as rocks, trees, and buildings exist independently of any individual's perception of them. But I might think that a tree is beautiful or a nuisance and should be removed. Some scientific facts are objective, and although historical events such as wars occurred history can and is rewritten. My perception of a war comes from someone else’s interpretation.

If I was a disabled Maori woman my world view would be very different from David Seymour’s. My world view is that if ACT is elected it will not be good for NZ. David Seymour’s would that it will be great for NZ. It will be good for some people, but not good for all New Zealanders.

I agree we are all humans, but not that we are all equally part of one world. Someone living in their car has a different world view to a person living in a $3m house in a gated community.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Your phone is an internet-connected microphone and camera(s). There have been a number of hacks that utilize those things, and some of those hacks have been by governments or government agencies. This also applies to non-phone devices with similar capabilities. Re "off" for various devices, there are differing types of "off", some of which have internet access and full capability either from the outset or after a received command.
    And if you're wondering what would a government do with millions of audio (and video) recordings: whatever they like via very effective bespoke A.I.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Big brothers are watching you according to the Disinformation Project
    Could you imagine the material they could use if only they made a visit to this forum?! Lol

Banned

If I was a disabled Maori woman my world view would be very different from David Seymour’s.
    The wheelchair-bound people I've known have all had a view closer to Seymour's than yours: they don't want to be treated any differently; they just want to be able to access the workplace and public areas without the need for help.

I understand that. I do what I need to do, to limit the risk, on my own devices. But at the end of the day, we all have a choice. Which is what I told my sister. I suggested that if she is really that worried that the government is trying to control her via her phone, maybe she should stop using it. Pretty sure you can guess what her response was. I honestly do not understand how these conspiracy theorists get sucked into these irrational and completely unsubstantiated beliefs. What boggles my mind even more, is the fact that some of them are smart, intelligent people. I just don’t get it. Maybe some people are just genetically predisposed to being easily manipulated? The irony is that they are worried that governments are joining forces to gain “control” of the human race - but they have zero insight into the fact that they have been manipulated into believing these BS theories.

Last edited by justakiwi; 18-09-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I understand that. I do what I need to do, to limit the risk, on my own devices. But at the end of the day, we all have a choice. Which is what I told my sister. I suggested that if she is really that worried that the government is trying to control her via her phone, maybe she should stop using it. Pretty sure you can guess what her response was. I honestly do not understand how these conspiracy theorists get sucked into these irrational and completely unsubstantiated beliefs. What boggles my mind even more, is the fact that some of them are smart, intelligent people. I just don’t get it. Maybe some people are just genetically predisposed to being easily manipulated? The irony is that they are worried that governments are joining forces to gain “control” of the human race - but they have zero insight into the fact that they have been manipulated into believing these BS theories.
    Why do you think Edward Snowden had to flee his country? Because the US government really was (and likely still is) illegally spying on its citizens, and he blew the whistle on it.

Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElSdPYQFHHE

DAVID SEYMOUR on the VALUES we should have as KIWI's..

David Seymour in this interview says “Well first of all I think in terms of values for the country we need to start being a lot clearer about first of all there is an objective reality and there is universal humanity there's not different world views. There's one world and we're all part of it and we're all humans and we're all equally part of it.”

I don’t think there is much objective reality. Yes, physical objects such as rocks, trees, and buildings exist independently of any individual's perception of them. But I might think that a tree is beautiful or a nuisance and should be removed. Some scientific facts are objective, and although historical events such as wars occurred history can and is rewritten. My perception of a war comes from someone else’s interpretation.

If I was a disabled Maori woman my world view would be very different from David Seymour’s. My world view is that if ACT is elected it will not be good for NZ. David Seymour’s would that it will be great for NZ. It will be good for some people, but not good for all New Zealanders.

I agree we are all humans, but not that we are all equally part of one world. Someone living in their car has a different world view to a person living in a $3m house in a gated community.
    Well my world view is that if Labour is re-elected it will not be good for NZ. Chris Hipkins would say that it will be great for NZ. It will be good for some people, but not good for all New Zealanders.

True, but I don’t live in the US and as I said, I have nothing to hide, no agenda, and literally nothing that any government would be even remotely interested in. What is it that governments are supposed to be looking for? How exactly are they attempting to “gain control over us?” I can’t speak for the US government, but the idea that global governments are banding together to “take control” of the human race, is ridiculous.

Why do you think Edward Snowden had to flee his country? Because the US government really was (and likely still is) illegally spying on its citizens, and he blew the whistle on it.

Lots of people don’t agree with David Seymour even though he says there's not different world views. Other people are just wrong he reckons.

Disruption and division: Seymour denies using beneficiaries, Māori as political punching bag (msn.com)

The political discourse is divided but Seymour says that's nothing to do with him.
    "I don't take responsibility for the actions of other people that are wrong."
    But he did of course double down on his co-governance schtick and pitched his referendum on the Treaty.
    "We all matter," he said. "This country deserves a say on what the Treaty means."
    He also pedalled Don Brash lines.
    "Only one party stands on this principle of one Kiwi, one vote," Seymour said.
    He also suggested people are being forced to use te reo Māori.
    "The way to turn a treasure into a form of torture is to impose it on people by force, perhaps with the very best of intentions."
    Seymour went for broke on the race debate whipping it up as the one issue on which to launch his campaign.