sharetrader

Question Online Broker - US shares - Account for company

Does anyone know of a reputable Online broker for investing in international shares, mainly US.

I'm sick of paying ridiculous rates with NZ brokers, getting terrible execution of orders and having to place orders the day before when they are in the office.

I could open a personal account with TD Ameritrade Fidelity or Merrill Lynch, but I can't find one that will open an account for a company. It doesn't have to be a US broker.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advanced Member

Hatch ? not sure about companies though

Hatch are about to support Trust accounts, I am sure companies won't be far behind. You will probably not do better than that in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by StockGuru View Post
    Does anyone know of a reputable Online broker for investing in international shares, mainly US.

I'm sick of paying ridiculous rates with NZ brokers, getting terrible execution of orders and having to place orders the day before when they are in the office.

I could open a personal account with TD Ameritrade Fidelity or Merrill Lynch, but I can't find one that will open an account for a company. It doesn't have to be a US broker.

Any help would be appreciated.
    https://www.tradestation.com/accounts/ -> entity.

I would say opening a US online discount broker account would be quite the hassle. Even more so now in 2019 that NZ adopted the new Common Reporting Standard with the OECD nations and FACTA. If I recall correctly, accounts such as foreign trusts and corporate accounts opened at these US brokerages by non-residents still require full annual filing to the IRS. The WEN-B8 alone does not exclude filing to the IRS that a single non-resident US alien can avoid.

Do you have a link to confirm the requirement for non resident companies and trusts to file annually with the IRS?

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I would say opening a US online discount broker account would be quite the hassle. Even more so now in 2019 that NZ adopted the new Common Reporting Standard with the OECD nations and FACTA. If I recall correctly, accounts such as foreign trusts and corporate accounts opened at these US brokerages by non-residents still require full annual filing to the IRS. The WEN-B8 alone does not exclude filing to the IRS that a single non-resident US alien can avoid.

I have previously set up an account with Interactive Brokers in a company name. I did have a 'master' account in my own name and I was the sole director of the company which perhaps made things easier but it certainly wasn't onerous. I don't have the account any more as I decided using a company to hold shares in was more money than it was worth (but there was that tax saving).