sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Don't kick yourself, mine are almost all free but this investors complaint was about the constant down-ramping nothing else the SP will go where it goes.

@Beagle is thick skinned and hopefully takes no offense at my yelping.
    Pretty thick fur too

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks winner, keep it simple eh, its not a GFCII so I'd be surprised if it didn't find support around the .618 or worse the .786 and do a V shaped recovery. So much pessimism and doom around here lately. In any event, good buying ahead, just need to be patient and keep an eye on the chart. This is quickly becoming more about sentiment than fundamental, despite AIR being shafted on all metrics.
    Good chart mate, thanks for sharing and a stark reminder what a cyclical indeed does look like.
    Not GFC Mk2 yet but it could become that in a worse case scenario.
    Did we ever get over the first one properly ? I see they've started "helicopter money" in Hong Kong already...didn't Ben Bernake pioneer that ?

Suppose I shouldn't be such a glum dog. Just because I wouldn't get on any plane to go anywhere doesn't mean others wouldn't.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-02-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yes I think it is odd that you wouldn’t get on a plane, but you aren’t alone. Maybe it’s because I am (relatively) young but economic impact aside I’m not really concerned with Coronavirus at all. Just booked flights to the states for July.

I thought I was bullet proof when I was young too.

Samoa flights halved.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12312891
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Yes I think it is odd that you wouldn’t get on a plane, but you aren’t alone. Maybe it’s because I am (relatively) young but economic impact aside I’m not really concerned with Coronavirus at all. Just booked flights to the states for July.
    About 10 million people flew on planes yesterday

Wonder how many got the virus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Air New Zealand offers $9 domestic flights to combat lagging sales

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/trave...ing-sales.html

Some pressure by CONVID-19

Advanced Member

For anyone worried about cabin air quality, the air in modern planes is probably far cleaner & more sterile than the air in most offices, movie theatres or supermarkets.

https://www.askthepilot.com/question...n-air-quality/

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post

I cant speak about Air NZ but typically around two thirds of the cost of operating an airline are fixed. So when things are good they are very good and when things are bad it rapidly turns into a savage race to the bottom from which they cannot escape.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    And if you come down with it while in the US, you will be equally concerned about your health and your financial position to gain access to care to deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    I cant speak about Air NZ but typically around two thirds of the cost of operating an airline are fixed. So when things are good they are very good and when things are bad it rapidly turns into a savage race to the bottom from which they cannot escape.
    Still starting to looking more like marketing in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post

Sounds though you have to pay full price if you want to return :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)