sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    We could call the broker to execute our orders but then who wants to talk to real people anymore right?
    I had to call ASB a month ago - my wife and I have a sharetrading account with them under a joint CSN, but I needed to sell some shares that were under a different CSN. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I had to call ASB a month ago - my wife and I have a sharetrading account with them under a joint CSN, but I needed to sell some shares that were under a different CSN. Very helpful.
    If you aren't in a rush you can also do off-market transfers between CSNs -- at no cost. I've used them where I have a trading account but my joint holdings do not.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    My brokerage last year was $25,000...about $500/week, but it is all tax deductible.
    impressive

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    My brokerage last year was $25,000...about $500/week, but it is all tax deductible. You would probably get away with $100 to $200 a week or less, just got to ask.
    Even .2% is expensive in comparison to Aussie, anyone doing a reasonable volume over there can get .05-.08% plus free trades once you hit so many per month, we need more competition here in the no frills market.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-11-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    If you aren't in a rush you can also do off-market transfers between CSNs -- at no cost. I've used them where I have a trading account but my joint holdings do not.
    Yes, I have done that a few times also.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Even .2% is expensive in comparison to Aussie, anyone doing a reasonable volume over there can get .05-.08% plus free trades once you hit so many per month, we need more competition here in the no frills market.
    With the likes of Interactive Brokers for US companies a typical charge is only US$1 per trade.

Guru

Personally I think .2% is fine as I can remember when it was 2.5% reducing to 1.5% at some value.

However it should be capped at some level.

If a CGT appears in the future then I think a lot of us investors would trade a lot more than we do now. That might be the time for brokerage to reduce.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    With the likes of Interactive Brokers for US companies a typical charge is only US$1 per trade.
    Yep and more competition would do wonders here also although not $1 per trade level of wonders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Personally I think .2% is fine as I can remember when it was 2.5% reducing to 1.5% at some value.

However it should be capped at some level.

If a CGT appears in the future then I think a lot of us investors would trade a lot more than we do now. That might be the time for brokerage to reduce.
    Possibly but if CGT is set at say a sensible 15% level then it's still less than half of what traders pay on the top marginal tax rate.