sharetrader
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default CBD - Cannasouth Ltd

Anyone looking at Cannsouth? They plan to list on the NZX mid 2019.
    It looks to be the industry with big growth potential.

Veteran novice

As was reported in October last. Any further news?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108...listing-on-nzx

Assuming the law is passed allowing people to poison me with 2nd hand psychotropic smoke... and i think it will... these should be worth more immediately after the law passing, due to sentiment.

However, these companies are not well understood by investors, and businesses in this sector are often badly run in my experience (who'd have thought!). Additionally, anything to do with medical research carries risk (i.e. it may transpire after some completely unbiased research that a joint a day keeps the doctor away, but only a particular strain that isn't stocked by the cannabis company you invested in - sorry. Or even that it's not accepted by mainstream doctors - look at nzx.peb).

Also, I expect these to be overpriced shares because of popularity from folk that don't know how to do a valuation but think that is a good investment and place a bid at the market price, whatever it is.

I imagine they'll end up with not much institutional investment in the very long term because of this.

On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride). It's even better when they ask the public to make decisions on whether or not to do something without informing them how it will be done (brexit). And great to know that all of the above happens because someone wants to get ahead politically, at any cost (Jacinda and cannabis), and that the system allows this (mmp coalitions). I already love that as a non smoker, when my neighbor smokes, he kindly shares that with me every time i leave my windows open. I can't wait to get into something as healthy as cannabis is going to be for me.

Veteran novice

Well, that seems to cover everything! No, I won't be investing either.

Herbacious

I think we're such a long way behind Aus and Canada on this that it's unlikely that any NZ company will make much headway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Assuming the law is passed allowing people to poison me with 2nd hand psychotropic smoke... and i think it will... these should be worth more immediately after the law passing, due to sentiment.

However, these companies are not well understood by investors, and businesses in this sector are often badly run in my experience (who'd have thought!). Additionally, anything to do with medical research carries risk (i.e. it may transpire after some completely unbiased research that a joint a day keeps the doctor away, but only a particular strain that isn't stocked by the cannabis company you invested in - sorry. Or even that it's not accepted by mainstream doctors - look at nzx.peb).

Also, I expect these to be overpriced shares because of popularity from folk that don't know how to do a valuation but think that is a good investment and place a bid at the market price, whatever it is.

I imagine they'll end up with not much institutional investment in the very long term because of this.

On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride). It's even better when they ask the public to make decisions on whether or not to do something without informing them how it will be done (brexit). And great to know that all of the above happens because someone wants to get ahead politically, at any cost (Jacinda and cannabis), and that the system allows this (mmp coalitions). I already love that as a non smoker, when my neighbor smokes, he kindly shares that with me every time i leave my windows open. I can't wait to get into something as healthy as cannabis is going to be for me.
    Pretty pessimistic reading here.

I think you will find there is more than enough scientific evidence relating to the benefits of marijuana, and smoking it isn't the only option.

Banned

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108...listing-on-nzx

Freudian slip or subliminal programming?

"Cannasouth is likely to benefit from the enthusiasm surrounding fund raising for such ventures, and the backing of former Federated Farmers chief executive, Conor English, who will soon joint the board."

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    former Federated Farmers chief executive, Conor English, who will soon joint the board."
    Board room hot box!
    This meeting might take a while..... and not too sure how many decisions will be made apart from ordering the pizza
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Podcast from Darcy Ungaro with guests Mark Lucas and Nic Foreman of Cannasouth. This was released on 21 Jan 21019 but I think it was recorded last year.

nz is way behind countries like canada , australia in cannabis research , even the us has just passed the farm bill legally allowing hemp production. i think alot of companies in nz will just be jumping on the band wagon hoping to make a quick buck

i favour a legalised pot industry run , taxed and dispensed by the govt myself. growers can sell to the govt and private companies are left to make money from the medical side of things.
    one step ahead of the herd