sharetrader
Page 626 of 840 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    sheesh... if gone to Spooky Park via Penrose Road, you could asked Todd or Aaron for a briefing.
    Just sharing my observations - no opinion on TRA as I do not follow the company closely like Percy.

As an interested car buyer, I know my next car is going to be a bargain ex-rental ! 👍

Only a matter of time before prices rebound.
    You may get a year's zero depreciation!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Just sharing my observations - no opinion on TRA as I do not follow the company closely like Percy.

As an interested car buyer, I know my next car is going to be a bargain ex-rental ! 👍
    Just teasing. Must admit I typed "ex-lease car sales" into my favored search engine earlier this week.
    Nothing doing yet. Need to wait a month or two.
    But, but.. tell me. You used your Gold Hop Card on the wrong bus route; 743 instead of 66?

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Just teasing. Must admit I typed "ex-lease car sales" into my favored search engine earlier this week.
    Nothing doing yet. Need to wait a month or two.
    But, but.. tell me. You used your Gold Hop Card on the wrong bus route; 743 instead of 66?
    Haha ... my Merc is still in pristine condition so not needing to use a driver (bus) yet!

percy

Haha ... my Merc is still in pristine condition so not needing to use a driver (bus) yet!
    With all the cars Turners are selling you, will find it quicker going by bus, as they have their own lane.!
    All those cars you have been seeing, will be on the road in front of you, in no time at all.
    You may have to consider an electric bike...lol

Membaa

Default Wow, there's the cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Will be interesting to see where April 'change of registered person transactions stats end up', then May, a good proxy for industry and private sales. I reckon it'll drop off the cliff. Some really dire commentary about the new & used car industry coming out of overseas markets, Aus and USA.
    87% drop in April from March for registered person transactions - Trader->Public . 89% drop from January. 72% drop in total registration changes. Should pickup in May now we're back at L2?

Attachment 11587

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    87% drop in April from March for registered person transactions - Trader->Public . 89% drop from January. 72% drop in total registration changes. Should pickup in May now we're back at L2?

Attachment 11587
    Numbers are not surprising, given the lockdown.

Being a discretionary deferrable major purchase, it is unlikely imo that numbers are going to pick up in a big hurry until 2021 when there's more certainty about the state of the economy & jobs. It took 5 long years during the GFC for sales to return to pre-GFC levels.

Meanwhile, the sale of ex-rentals has started - just been emailed an offer for a 1 year old 2019 SUV (less than 10,000km) for 30% off the new price. Has counter-offered with 40% off - let's see what happens.

Sounds like a pretty good deal - is this from a mailing list to selected people or from a publicly accessible website?

percy

Numbers are not surprising, given the lockdown.

Being a discretionary deferrable major purchase, it is unlikely imo that numbers are going to pick up in a big hurry until 2021 when there's more certainty about the state of the economy & jobs. It took 5 long years during the GFC for sales to return to pre-GFC levels.

Meanwhile, the sale of ex-rentals has started - just been emailed an offer for a 1 year old 2019 SUV (less than 10,000km) for 30% off the new price. Has counter-offered with 40% off - let's see what happens.
    Always put a date and time your offer expires.
    Focuses the sellers attention.

Disc.I no longer hold in NZ any shares in the following sectors;Finance [including Banks],Property, Retail [including selling vehicles] , Retirement Villages,or Tourism.
    I do hold shares in PGW which I classify as Rural Services,not a retailer.
    Last edited by percy; 17-05-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CD_CHCH View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good deal - is this from a mailing list to selected people or from a publicly accessible website?
    Got the email from one of my contact's son who is a car dealer. He specializes in late model European used cars.