sharetrader
Page 998 of 1899 FirstFirst ... 4988989489889949959969979989991000100110021008104810981498 ... LastLast
Results 9,971 to 9,980 of 18987

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No worries, Wall St Strategists see more gains in 2022, 7.5% so all good, Omicron will be a fizzer literally.
    greed is good eh never mind the facts that by almost every valuation metric the market is the most over valued in history lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

First confirmed case in US bring Dow down 550 points with Crude turning negative ...Out of the 3 important things about Omicron ...two can be inferred pretty surely

First its more contagious then Delta ....Second vaccines will have substantially lower efficacy ...

Most important part left is that will it be MILDER then Delta in sickness ?? Next few days ...maybe 10 or so will confirm all 3

South Africa ....Monday 2250 cases ....Tuesday 4450. ....Wednesday ...8600 cases ....Will take time to know if hospitalisations rising or not ...most likely it will do similar things as other variants as it attacks respiratory system ...but our only hope left is that its less potent then Delta in making people sick .

South Africa ....Monday 2250 cases ....Tuesday 4450. ....Wednesday ...8600 cases ....Will take time to know if hospitalisations rising or not ...most likely it will do similar things as other variants as it attacks respiratory system ...but our only hope left is that its less potent then Delta in making people sick .

And whats the vaccination rate in South Africa and Africa in general? I heard 10%

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post

And whats the vaccination rate in South Africa and Africa in general? I heard 10%
    According to this 24.11% fully vaxxed, 4.64% partly vaxxed.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research - Our World in Data

The wealthy West shoots itself in the foot by not stepping up and supporting (paying for) a major vaccination programme for those countries that simply can't afford it. We're not over this pandemic until we're all vacced, where ever we live, rich or poor.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nizzy View Post
    The wealthy West shoots itself in the foot by not stepping up and supporting (paying for) a major vaccination programme for those countries that simply can't afford it. We're not over this pandemic until we're all vacced, where ever we live, rich or poor.
    Especially from what I understand, any mutations/variants of Covid are likely to come more from unvaxxed populations.

The more mutations, the longer this is going to go on for.....

Investments

At this moment its not the question of vaccination rate ...as after 3rd Delta wave ...infections were petering out on its own accord ...now with this new variant they have again started picking up ...change in trend is of the essence here .

Reason why countries are so worried about this ...as they cannot afford another wave and then another round of vaccinations specific to this variant and then so on

Thats whats spooking markets ...loss of hope of normalcy soon .

yea slow growth and high inflation crash crash crash
    one step ahead of the herd

I see the NZD has taken a major dump in it's pants over the last day. It's seeping out and running down the inside of its leg. Everyone can see it. Embarrassing 😬

I don't know what this means at this stage but I can't look away. I guess it could add to our imported inflation. But that's a good thing right? We've been told for years that we need inflation. Wouldn't it be great to hit 7 per cent inflation this quarter!!
    Last edited by Bobdn; 03-12-2021 at 07:11 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I see the NZD has taken a major dump in it's pants over the last day. It's seeping out and running down the inside of its leg. Everyone can see it. Embarrassing ��

I don't know what this means at this stage but I can't look away. I guess it could add to our imported inflation. But that's a good thing right? We've been told for years that we need inflation. Wouldn't it be great to hit 7 per cent inflation this quarter!!
    Most probably caused by Simon Bridges being appointed National's finance spokesman...[lol]
    Drop in the NZ $ will be welcome by the export sector.
    I note Silver Fern Farms share price on USX hit an all time high today.
    Last edited by percy; 03-12-2021 at 08:53 PM.