sharetrader
Page 143 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayonline View Post
    I sold all my Z shares at 4.85, due to the timing I also received the dividend.
    Smart move rayonline. I wasn't expecting the margin compression from BOTH angles quite so soon. ZEL hopefully still finding some "synergies".
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Smart move rayonline. I wasn't expecting the margin compression from BOTH angles quite so soon. ZEL hopefully still finding some "synergies".
    I on the other hand increased my ZEL holdings @ $4.04 appears market divided yes/no so do whats best for you ..........

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    I on the other hand increased my ZEL holdings @ $4.04 appears market divided yes/no so do whats best for you ..........
    Thanks Dreamcatcher, would like to trust myself a bit more after all these years, but feel I need a bit more info on this one. Like ZEL's plans to respond to the Govt's report. Looks like more capital expense required in the medium term, eg new pipeline etc but need a better feel for the scale involved.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

IMO

Caltex in Aus giving up the Caltex brand and switching it to their own brand Ampol. Could Z dispense with the caltex brand to save money ,and amalgamate it to Z? Competition watchdog not allow it maybe.

Download Document 190.89KB
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Veteran novice

Competition watchdog not allow it maybe.
    Would hardly reduce competition to allow a company to re-brand its outlets, but stranger things have happened in the name of "competition"!
    Last edited by macduffy; 06-01-2020 at 10:46 AM.

$1.32 for Unleaded in Adelaide last week although a BP was $1.72 so need to shop around.

Good to see ZEL acting fast to put prices up ......got to keep those profits up.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Up faster than an Iranian ballistic missle. Disgraceful how ZEL almost always tries to lead the market higher.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

use to be BP at one point, may be they take it in turns

However, the others usually follow shortly afterwards
    Locally where I live, the Caltex station is the cheapest (usually 3 or 4 cents before any discounts) and that is owned by... hmmmm

I'm not sure they are doing themselves a service with their nominal pricing.

Currently 224.9 here at Z with Gull 213.9 (just down the road)
    But if you use the Z app you get 10c of that 11 differential. (so it says - I havent done it)
    Given the Gull is the Speed Lane price (with their regular pump price 219.7) and Z is full service thats not too bad really.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....