sharetrader
Page 69 of 242 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Canada is proving the be very successful.
    The 40 year promotion has been very successful too.
    However,margin compression continues,as does competition.
    Also I take it as a warning,[sensible] .;"Negotiations of existing leases,renewals and refurbishments remain a key priority for the business."
    I feel this year's Christmas trading will be the test of whether MHI will survive, or manage to put the fizz back into the bottle.
    Agree, I am too concerned about the leases. But if Canada can kick on and NZ/Aus remain stable... an entry point at these prices could do well.

Well, there are always challenges(for any business and any companies). I put my faith on MHJ as it is one of very few of NZ retail companies profitably expand to overseas.
    Last edited by Lease; 17-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Canada is proving the be very successful.
    The 40 year promotion has been very successful too.
    However,margin compression continues,as does competition.
    Also I take it as a warning,[sensible] .;"Negotiations of existing leases,renewals and refurbishments remain a key priority for the business."
    I feel this year's Christmas trading will be the test of whether MHI will survive, or manage to put the fizz back into the bottle.
    the statement about leases can be read two ways. I read it as suggesting they are looking for better terms as other retailers are negotiating (eg, KMD referenced this). so an opportunity, rather than a risk?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12169959

"Before Michael Hill, Bracken was chief executive of ASX-listed retail company Specialty Fashion Group, which operates retailers City Chic and Millers, among others.

When he joined Specialty Fashion Group, its market capitalisation was A$20m, and when he left the business in October it was over A$250m."

MHJ current CEO is a genius. He made SFG share price up twelvefold within less a year!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post

"[FONT="]Before Michael Hill, Bracken was chief executive of ASX-listed retail company Specialty Fashion Group, which operates retailers City Chic and Millers, among others.

[/FONT]
    When he joined Specialty Fashion Group, its market capitalisation was A$20m, and when he left the business in October it was over A$250m."

MHJ current CEO is a genius. He made SFG share price up twelvefold within less a year!
    You must have missed winner69's post #590. page 40, posted on 21/9/2018.

You must have missed winner69's post #590. page 40, posted on 21/9/2018.
    What that suppose to mean, percy? A person who is able to increase shareholders value by twelvefold is worth over $2M!

percy

What that suppose to mean, percy? A person who is able to increase shareholders value by twelvefold is worth over $2M!
    The date of the article you gave a link to was 8/12/2018..
    The date today is 16/10/2019.

The date of the article you gave a link to was 8/12/2018..
    The date today is 16/10/2019.
    Well, I just give some more background information in regards to this CEO, which MHJ announcement didn't give more details.

Since the CEO was on board, MHJ branded collection sales have been up from 20% of total sales to 38% of total sales. E-commerce sales are up nearly 40% compared to same quarter last year. I'm very impressed the new CEO's ability of execution. Now I have known more about him and am confident MHJ SP will be over $1 in near future.

"[FONT="]Before Michael Hill, Bracken was chief executive of ASX-listed retail company Specialty Fashion Group, which operates retailers City Chic and Millers, among others.

[/FONT]

Think that story needs rewriting

The transformation stuff at Specialty had already been done when Bracken started ...and he only stayed 9 months ...hmm

Specialty is now City Chic (CCX)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Well, I just give some more background information in regards to this CEO, which MHJ announcement didn't give more details.

Since the CEO was on board, MHJ branded collection sales have been up from 20% of total sales to 38% of total sales. E-commerce sales are up nearly 40% compared to same quarter last year. I'm very impressed the new CEO's ability of execution. Now I have known more about him and am confident MHJ SP will be over $1 in near future.
    Rate Shareprice increasing it’ll be 2 bucks before most realise it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”