sharetrader

Hybrid View

Have you actually done any analysis on NZF Group, Mini?

This is a situation in which this stock, in two years time, will either be worth 10x the current price; or it will be worth nothing. This is why I am unconcerned by market liquidity.

Clearly, investing into this kind of situation is not for every investor. If they do not sort their issues with retail debenture funding - bad things will happen. There are even other failure modes based on the future of the residential property market. However, if you can calculate the balance of probability ... that is why I am in NZF.

ALF did not meet my reward criteria. I hope for all concerned that it pulls through ... but it is not part of my story.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Enumerate View Post
    Yes i have. And part of my analysis looks for flags of warning. Yellow flags moving in a breeze I cope with. Red flags blowing in a gale usually causes me to back off but not all the time. I generally won't come back in with the detailed analysis until the flags stop waving.

Some are happy to invest in a gale and good luck to them. I prefer a return relative to the risk and some times it just ain't worth heading out into a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Enumerate View Post

This is a situation in which this stock, in two years time, will either be worth 10x the current price; or it will be worth nothing. This is why I am unconcerned by market liquidity.

Clearly, investing into this kind of situation is not for every investor. If they do not sort their issues with retail debenture funding - bad things will happen. There are even other failure modes based on the future of the residential property market. However, if you can calculate the balance of probability ... that is why I am in NZF.

ALF did not meet my reward criteria. I hope for all concerned that it pulls through ... but it is not part of my story.
    Any concerns about NZF Money Limited withdrawing its 2010 prospectus and ceasing the issue of new secured deposits?