sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    $4500 from $80K in almost 2 years is only around 3% pa defaults - that's actually not bad, especially considering the RAR!
    and 15.07% rar too
    Not sure why you would withdraw funds to move with LC when you already get good results.
    Harmoney also has auto invest options

why npt invest in both isntead

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

damn, I'm in for just over $100k but been in 12 months, went from $1,200 in losses to $1,700 in 2 weeks

What grade are most of your losses btw?
    Most losses are in E and F. I stopped investing in those grades a while ago, but there were plenty of loans in those grades.
    The spread is about:
    A = 4% (only invested in A right at the beginning and don't now because I don't want to drag the average down)
    B = 20% (only invest in B5 now as I don't want to drag the average down)
    C = 40%
    D = 23% (don't invest in anything D3 or above now because those are the loans that failed most frequently)
    E = 10%
    F = 3% (haven't put anything in F grade for about 6 months; it was twice this)

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    and 15.07% rar too
    Not sure why you would withdraw funds to move with LC when you already get good results.
    Harmoney also has auto invest options

why npt invest in both isntead
    I've got $77k in Harmoney and $19k in LC. I'm aiming to level them out a bit to spread the risk. I only invest in B1 and B2 in LC, but it's tricky to get into the loans because they go really quickly. I put $150 in each one. No losses so far. I do have a few A-grade loans from right at the beginning dragging the average down.

I'm actually thinking of pulling more money out in the medium term (e.g. next 12 months) because people are starting to hate property which means there will be some deals.

Re the other post about investment split, I don't have Lego, but I do have a 1985 Skyway Streetbeat BMX in condition 9.5/10 worth about $3k Those things are rare in mint condition. I'm looking for old synthesizers, but I think I've missed the boat on that one. Plus, I have a couple of ounces of gold. I did have 80kg of silver but sold that once it had peaked and was on its way down. That paid off my mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenc View Post
    Most losses are in E and F. I stopped investing in those grades a while ago, but there were plenty of loans in those grades.
    The spread is about:
    A = 4% (only invested in A right at the beginning and don't now because I don't want to drag the average down)
    B = 20% (only invest in B5 now as I don't want to drag the average down)
    C = 40%
    D = 23% (don't invest in anything D3 or above now because those are the loans that failed most frequently)
    E = 10%
    F = 3% (haven't put anything in F grade for about 6 months; it was twice this)

I've got $77k in Harmoney and $19k in LC. I'm aiming to level them out a bit to spread the risk. I only invest in B1 and B2 in LC, but it's tricky to get into the loans because they go really quickly. I put $150 in each one. No losses so far. I do have a few A-grade loans from right at the beginning dragging the average down.

I'm actually thinking of pulling more money out in the medium term (e.g. next 12 months) because people are starting to hate property which means there will be some deals.

Re the other post about investment split, I don't have Lego, but I do have a 1985 Skyway Streetbeat BMX in condition 9.5/10 worth about $3k Those things are rare in mint condition. I'm looking for old synthesizers, but I think I've missed the boat on that one. Plus, I have a couple of ounces of gold. I did have 80kg of silver but sold that once it had peaked and was on its way down. That paid off my mortgage.
    i regards to harmoney, yeah same, most of mine (all but 1 think) have been from grade E&F loans, they looked good with high interest rates and lowish default rates, but they just seem to default too much although in saying tat I haven't looked at detailed ROI on them.

IN regards to the lego, well its still cool and I like it, but even still buying it as an investment, even if you get like a -30% sale at the wharehouse, by the time you trademe it a few years down the line when that set is discontinued.. and you have to do the auction, then take it to nz post bubble wrap it etc... is it all worth it lol

Esp when the rest of your portfolio is in the 7 figures and can have pretty decent fluctuations and you are dealing in a $60 lego set you brought for $40 and waited for 2 years and sold for $80 lmao

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post

IN regards to the lego, well its still cool and I like it, but even still buying it as an investment, even if you get like a -30% sale at the wharehouse, by the time you trademe it a few years down the line when that set is discontinued.. and you have to do the auction, then take it to nz post bubble wrap it etc... is it all worth it lol

Esp when the rest of your portfolio is in the 7 figures and can have pretty decent fluctuations and you are dealing in a $60 lego set you brought for $40 and waited for 2 years and sold for $80 lmao
    Yeah, but if you'd bought the original Lego Millenium Falcon...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wa...EAAOSwRr5ZtgGf