sharetrader
Page 172 of 173 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1723

Congrats to you too Pumice.

I studied extramurally via Massey University. so it was all done at home really. I only had to go to Massey's Albany campus to sit the exams and attend a few tutorials. Re the grades, yes I definitely got better in the second semester in terms of actually preparing for and sitting the exams.

Yes employment is going to be a challenge with the lack of work experience so I'm expecting it will take some time. The Reserve Bank wouldnt take me for their new Auckland office hahah
    Still, summers here so its not a bad time to be free ;+)
    And I will be offering comprehensive financial plans to anybody who is interested too. Have a few lined up already to get me rolling.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Good on ya Peat,all the best with finding the job you want.

Cheers
    miner

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I just thought I'd blow my own trumpet a little with all the results having come through for my studies this year and I can now officially say I have the graduate Diploma in Business (Personal Financial Planning).

In the final semester I got all three A passes and one B+ so given I worked in IT for 15 years before doing this I think it was a pretty good transition.

I am now going to go through the final regulatory hoops of becoming an Authorized Financial Adviser and am looking for work within the Finance industry so please feel free to contact me if you have any opportunites or know of any.

YAY!
    Congratulations Peat - you are presently one of a small number with those qualifications

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10691436

Well done Peat

I hope they don't have "experience grades" for AFA's, as the first level would undoubtedly be Junior......

Quote Originally Posted by Pumice View Post
    Congrats Peat!
    Keep us informed on how you go finding a position, I've also been looking for something within Finance, but doesn’t seem to be a lot out there.
    First paid work is a few months contract helping a loss adjuster with business continuity claims from the earthquake. Administrative stuff but all good experience and pays well.
    How you goin Pumice?

Hi Peat,
    Well done on getting the contract work.
    I havent had a lot of time to look for anything new, currently forecast and budget time at Fairfax so will be flat out for a few months (especially with the Chch quake).
    But have now made plans to move to Brissy in June.

Still trading forex? how's that going?

Hi Peat, you might actually be able to help me here.
    How do i go about getting a certificate that satisfies the following clauses
    Or does anyone else have any advice.

Hi Lance,

In order for an "experienced" investor to invest in Aquaflow, the Securities Act requires that the investor:

(a) get a certificate from an independent financial service provider certifying that the provider is satisfied on reasonable grounds that you, as a result of having "experience" in investing money, or experience in the industry in which Aquaflow operates, are able to assess—
    (i) the merits of the offer; and
    (ii) the value of the security; and
    (iii) the risks involved in accepting the offer; and
    (iv) your own information needs; and
    (v) the adequacy of the information given by Aquaflow; and

(b) the financial service provider gives you, before the shares are allotted to you, a written statement of the financial service provider's reasons for being satisfied as to those matters; and

(c) you sign a written acknowledgment, before the shares are allotted to you, that—
    • the financial service provider has given you neither an investment statement nor a registered prospectus relating to the shares (as these are not required if you are "experienced"); and
    • you understand that you will not receive information usually provided by an issuer in respect of an offer of securities to the public including (in particular) an investment statement and a registered prospectus (once again, as these are not required if you are "experienced").

Once you have this certificate, we can quickly arrange for a share suscription agreement, and for you to send funds to our account. Shares can then be issued. Please ensure your financial adviser adheres to the requirements of the certificate set out in this email. If your adviser wants to look at the Securities Act themselves, you can direct them to section 5(2CE).

The shares will be issued at AUD$0.15 per share. We will exchange to NZD$ on the day funds are to be sent, so we will know exactly how many NZD$ you need to send. We will liaise furter on this once you are ready.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Rebecca

hey Pumice
    the first question I would ask is why you want to be investing in something that is encouraging you to be opting out of the normal means of protection afforded to investors such as a prospectus and investment statements but of course you may have good grounds.
    under NZ Law until July I believe that anyone can call themselves an independent financial advisor so maybe get a friend to sign such a document or if you wanted to discuss it in more detail with me I could do it for you (not that I am an authorised financial advisor under the new regulations either)
    but this issue is being made under Australian law I assume so not sure how that affects it. other than that just a matter of working through the request I would think.

Worst trading moment ever! buy USD/JPY at 80.115.................... minutes later..... 76.097

Atleast the NZD is falling fairly steadily

the eq repat