sharetrader
Page 282 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 1822322722782792802812822832842852862923323827821282 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 19415
    Guru

I was far to worried it seems, share price basically not even down (only $1.08)
    Still waiting for ARV to go up 10-20% ish now so that ARV and OCA are trading more 'fairly'

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Earl says, We continue to deliver ALL of the development projects in our pipeline on time and on budget, what more can you ask for in a tough environment.
    Exactly what I looked for, and as you pointed out I can't ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I was far to worried it seems, share price basically not even down (only $1.08)
    Still waiting for ARV to go up 10-20% ish now so that ARV and OCA are trading more 'fairly'
    Now down to $1.06. My divvy wont cover that loss.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    All good, remember at least 5 years for this one to hit full revs, expect after full year result market will start to wake up.PS-Think Defensive/Think Value/Think long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks for the comforting cuddle couts
    I enjoyed that cuddle too, thanks Couta1 and here's my cuddle back. Every good bean counter worth his salt will tell you that "cash flow is the lifeblood of business"
    Cash flow up a whopping 176% compared to the same half last year.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Hopefully people had higher expectations and a buying opportunity presents itself closer to £1.

I still prefer ARV, but OCA looks very solid and is setting itself up for growth (not here yet)
    If NZ has its own Brexit and says we are going to withdraw from CER with Australia, then our currency would cheapen too...

I am unphased by OCA price gyrations. Some investors may have fallen madly in love with OCA only to realise that it is not perfect.

What is the risk to OCA and others that in a tax reform encompassing broadening the taxation base, the existing ruling over capital profits may be changed? Do tax rulings have a time limit?

IMO

Ahh well, good to have a hubris(rinse and repeat) reality check every few months and get back to ones authentic self, think of the longterm fellas.

" We have also recently obtained new resource consents for the development of a new 142 care suite home at Elmwood Village (The Gardens, Auckland), and the expansion of Eversley (Hastings) and Eden Villages (Auckland). Of the 2,065 beds and units in our total development pipeline, 73.4% already has resource consents in place, considerably reducing the risk associated with delivery of this new product over the next six years."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I enjoyed that cuddle too, thanks Couta1 and here's my cuddle back. Every good bean counter worth his salt will tell you that "cash flow is the lifeblood of business"
    Cash flow up a whopping 176% compared to the same half last year.
    Nothing like a good Bear hug.PS-Nice that Total Assetts increased by 209 mill to 1.2 bill.

Outside thinking.

Sheeesh.... bit of a slow burner this one (I'm used to ATM sized volatility )

Bits I liked best in the report:

"Operating cashflow improved from $17.1m to $47.1m (175.9%) with $43.5m of sales proceeds from our developments completed earlier in 2018, an increase of 287.8%.
    · Total assets increased by $209.7m over the prior corresponding period to $1.2bn due to significant development capital expenditure, acquisition of land adjoining existing sites and revaluations"

Ssssooo the OCA SP was around $1.03 this time last year and sank a tab lower before soaring up to $1.20 or so in Aug/Sept 2018. In the meantime steady progress has been made and it is only a matter of time before the SP climbs back to the $1.20 levels. Slow steady stuff, and no need to panic IMHO.

^^^^^ Sums it up "purrfectly".
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Sheeesh.... bit of a slow burner this one (I'm used to ATM sized volatility )

Bits I liked best in the report:

"Operating cashflow improved from $17.1m to $47.1m (175.9%) with $43.5m of sales proceeds from our developments completed earlier in 2018, an increase of 287.8%.
    · Total assets increased by $209.7m over the prior corresponding period to $1.2bn due to significant development capital expenditure, acquisition of land adjoining existing sites and revaluations"

Ssssooo the OCA SP was around $1.03 this time last year and sank a tab lower before soaring up to $1.20 or so in Aug/Sept 2018. In the meantime steady progress has been made and it is only a matter of time before the SP climbs back to the $1.20 levels. Slow steady stuff, and no need to panic IMHO.
    Hey, I like the positivity. To me in simple terms, the company is worth more today, its building work remains on time and on budget, it has 6 years of growth ahead, it has good and growing cash flow, and it flicks out a divi along the way. Of course there are plenty of customers too. I don't know what the market expects but I see this as a steady and almost boring report so it's good.