sharetrader
Page 126 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2057

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12212466
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12213674

I've sold some of my KMD today as I don't fully feel comfortable going into tomorrow's result. Unfortunately I was a victim of the recent Kathmandu website hack where credit card details were stolen from anyone who bought on their website between 8th Jan - 12th Feb 2019. I think this incident could potentially impact on Kathmandu's reputation and profits in the short term.
    As a loyal Kathmandu customer, I feel bloody let down and my trust in the company has been dented.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12212466

I've sold some of my KMD today as I don't fully feel comfortable going into tomorrow's result. Unfortunately I was a victim of the recent Kathmandu website hack where credit card details were stolen from anyone who bought on their website between 8th Jan - 12th Feb 2019. I think this incident could potentially impact on Kathmandu's reputation and profits in the short term.
    As a loyal Kathmandu customer, I feel bloody let down and my trust in the company has been dented.
    Pretty bad eh

Guy in that article is in IT and he not impressed with Kathmandu’s third party IT security people
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeah...NAH...Xavier should have known to be a LOT more conservative with his choice of words, (played far to loosely with the term "strong growth") at the annual meeting update and I reckon he needs a bit more "seasoning" to be a really good CEO..

You taught him a lesson with that advice beagle ...Xavier on the radio said he wouldn't make any comment on how the full year is panning out

In saying that he did seem to suggest that NZ is a bit of struggle at the moment amongst the hmm and ahhs

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep beagle Kathmandu almost a non-event in NZ .....flat sales last 4 years and declining profits. This is in spite of a few more stores and this much touted increase in online sales.

Kathmandu sell twice as much (plus a bit) in Aussie than they do in NZ. All the recent profit growth has come from Australia.

An investment in Kathmandu is essentially an investment in Australia retail ....that’s where Kathmandu fortunes lie and the recent announcement said that wasn’t going too well at the moment.
    Yes a lot more pensive but I don't think he was listening to my barking but you hit the nail directly on the head with this comment mate. N.Z. retail a bit softer in yesterday's result announcement. I think the mountain warehouse with their much cheaper but still very good quality gear will continue to nibble around the edges of Kathmandu's lunch.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The NZSA is hosting CEO Xavier Simonet in Auckland tomorrow night. Details here:
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post752924
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

KMD been in a steady downtrend since mid last year

Today’s close of 218 is 37% off its high ....ouch

Heading to sub 200 .....maybe even 170 looking at the chart

Another stock whose chart looks like a mountain ...good picture if it levels at around 170

Price action suggests not all ok in Kathmandu land.

I lost alot of confidence in Kathmandu after the website hack in mid March. A few hundred dollars was taken out of my credit card after I bought stuff off their website during the hacking window. Thanks to the incompetence of their security team, I had to waste time and go through the trouble of getting the fraudulent transactions reversed at my bank.
    Thankfully I was able to get a full refund, but some other affected customers were not as fortunate and couldn't get refunded:

In my opinion, Kathmandu need to take responsibility and assist affected customers get their money back, because it's all Kathmandu's fault.
    When customers go onto the Kathmandu website and enter their private information to buy stuff, they are putting their trust into Kathmandu to keep that data safe. Now that trust has been broken for many customers, including myself.

Makes me think twice about buying off the Kathmandu website again and just buying stuff online in general.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    I lost alot of confidence in Kathmandu after the website hack in mid March. A few hundred dollars was taken out of my credit card after I bought stuff off their website during the hacking window. Thanks to the incompetence of their security team, I had to waste time and go through the trouble of getting the fraudulent transactions reversed at my bank.
    Thankfully I was able to get a full refund, but some other affected customers were not as fortunate and couldn't get refunded:

In my opinion, Kathmandu need to take responsibility and assist affected customers get their money back, because it's all Kathmandu's fault.
    When customers go onto the Kathmandu website and enter their private information to buy stuff, they are putting their trust into Kathmandu to keep that data safe. Now that trust has been broken for many customers, including myself.

Makes me think twice about buying off the Kathmandu website again and just buying stuff online in general.
    They gave me $20 as a birthday present the other day

Used it to buy stuff on line ......hope i don’t get scammed now ...you got me worried.

Have to say pretty slick service .....stuffed arrived by lunch time the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    KMD been in a steady downtrend since mid last year

Today’s close of 218 is 37% off its high ....ouch

Heading to sub 200 .....maybe even 170 looking at the chart

Another stock whose chart looks like a mountain ...good picture if it levels at around 170

Price action suggests not all ok in Kathmandu land.
    Ouch, TA looks dreadful doesn't it ! Had my info hacked from SKC's website, thankfully not credit card info. Eating at Fortuna Restaurant is bad for you in more ways than one lol.
    No apology from SKC or even a discount off a meal.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yep the chart looks awful

Market telling us something ....sentiment gone really sour

But then again some might say that seeing 37% offits highs it must be cheap as and a screaming buy